Need Help On Digiwave Receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jaymes

Original poster
Jul 4, 2005
Hi Everyone,

First, thanks for providing us with this useful forum on satellite receivers.

I recently purchased a new Digiwave DG7000 receiver. I use it on T-5 satellite for FTA reception only. Unfortunately, one of the major problems with my DG7000 is that it does not receive video signals on a group of channels. There is sound, but no pictures. Other transponders and channels are ok, but two or three groups of channels have no pictures. I mean, they do have video but the receiver does not show them. These channels are TV channels, Not scarambled, the frequency and symbol rates are set correctly, the signal quality is at 98, and I get them fine on another brand of receiver I have, but not on the DG7000. So, it must have something to do with settings or programming.

The operating manual is of no help, so I thought maybe someone here could help. Thank you again for this forum. Any help or suggestion will be greatly appreciated. - Jaymes -

Without knowing what the channels are it is hard to say. It could be that the channels are broadcast in 422 which will give tiling or no pictures at all. It is also possible that you may have to enter the video pids manually. Some channels are audio only. Check Lyngsat for details.

welcome :wave

what channels on T5 show up as nothing? They might be scrambled (Globecast is a subscription service on that satellite)

Iceberg, thank you very much for welcoming me to the forum, and for your responding to my post.

Well, I finally figured out what the problem was with those channels on DG7000 not having any pictures. The receiver does not automatically recognize the video PID for those channels, and I need to type in the proper video PID for each channel to get any pictures.

That is what I did and now I have both video and audio. But.....no time for joy yet !!! Because the picture I get, comes and goes, freezes often, and keeps saying No Video Signal.... until becomes somewhat acceptable.

I have no problem with the channels that the video PID is automatically recognized by the receiver...only with those where the PID is not recognized. As I mentioned in my original posting, my other FTA receiver ( a Samsung ) does not have this problem. Anyway, the problem is half-way solved. I wonder if there is a way, through settings adjustment, or special software, to make the DG7000 recognize PID automatically ?

Thanks for listening.

what channels on IA5 (T5) do you need to type in the PID?

It just seems weird that the receiver is doing that. Make sure the video PID and the PCR are the same number (don't ask why...that seems to fix a lot of manual entry issues) :)

I've got a digiwave 7000 as well. For some reason there a few non-english channels on T5 that have no video. I don't really know why. You can hear audio, but nada for video. As for myself, as I don't speak Farsi or whatever, so I didn't much care. Lyngsat has a good listing for vpids etc. sounds like you allready figured it out. Also, pentagon on G10, won't pic up any vid either. seems like the only few I know. I did the same thing and entered the vpid manually for pentagon.

Regarding the channels on T-5 that I do not see pictures on, unless I do put in the video PID manually, there are more than a dozen. They are located on the frequency of 12152 and 11867. But the real question is "Why" the DG7000 does not pickup the PID automatically on these channels ?!

Also, is there a way to see the actual PID's on the DG7000 receiver itself? I do not find any menu item for this. The only thing available is PID edit, but does not tell you what the present PID is.

I don't have a DG7000 so I cant comment.
I have a KUSat 2600, which is a stripped down version...at least you can edit PIDs..I cant even do that :(

Iceberg, are you sure about Kusat2600 not having the PID edit function? From what I have read and compared, the DG7000 and Kusat2600A are one and the same. Just the name is different. I do recall reading a review about Kusat2600 by you. So, I guess, you are very well familiar with it.

And, by the way, is the picture you use on your postings really you?!! Just wondering. :)

Jaymes said:
Iceberg, are you sure about Kusat2600 not having the PID edit function? From what I have read and compared, the DG7000 and Kusat2600A are one and the same. Just the name is different. I do recall reading a review about Kusat2600 by you. So, I guess, you are very well familiar with it.
I have a Microyal 1000 that has the exact same screen set up as the KUSat, except for two things
-Microyal has an EbNo # above signal/quality...that's what I use to tune...the KUSat doesnt have that
-you can edit pids on the Microyal, not the KUSat.....There is a way I can add a channel by typing in PIDS, but if I have a channel already in the system, I cannot change PID's
And, by the way, is the picture you use on your postings really you?!! Just wondering. :)
might be...might not be.....one of life's mysteries :)

I am looking for DG7000 receiver owners who are willing to check a group of television channels with the Frequency of 12,152, Symbol Rate 20,000, Horizontal, located on T-5 satellite, and see if they have any pictures.

As I mentioned above, I am still having problems on these channels. I sure would like to know if other DG7000 owners have the same problem, or is it just me ?!

How to set up USALS or DiSEqC 1.2 antenna with final N2 firmware on Digiwave 7000?

Hi
I'm an idiot who apparently can't read the god damn rules and decided to ask a hack question. I think I'm sooooo cool that I asked a hack question, even though the rules say "no hack talk". Can somebody help me before the mod's see this and edit my post making me look dumber than I already am and ban my ass.

I'd respond to the below post but I guess I'm banned now :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)