Need help on how to do DVR recording

fredtx

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 17, 2005
I am getting very frustrated and need help. I have a vip622 receiver and cannot figure out how I can watch a show say at 8PM on TNT and at the same time be recording a baseball game on espn at the same time?

Can someone please let me know how to do this??????

I will presume you're in "Dual mode" and "Record Plus" is at it's default setting.

First, if you know you want to record this game ahead of time, it helps. You simply highlight it in the guide and hit either SELECT or RECORD on your remote. By default, it will record on TV2. If you have another recording scheduled at that time or someone is watching TV2, it will create a conflict. You can then watch TNT or any other channel at 8pm while that game is recording.

If the game has already started, things are different. One solution is to run to TV2 and turn the game on and hit RECORD. Or, from TV1, change channels to the game and hit RECORD. It should ask you which TV to use. Choose TV2 and then hit OPTIONS. From the next screen, you have (4) options. The one you probably want is something like "Record remainder of event". Hit OKAY to get things started and to be sure, hit the DVR button twice. You should see the game listed with a "2" in front of it.

Hey thanks a lot, finally got the hang of it. All in all it is pretty cool what you can do with DVR vs. VCR's.

fredtx said:
Hey thanks a lot, finally got the hang of it. All in all it is pretty cool what you can do with DVR vs. VCR's.

Yeah, a DVR is pretty sweet. I've talked some friends and family into taking the DVR plunge. Since they're so used to the VCR way of doing things, it took them a bit to get the hang of a DVR. Once you clear the mental hurdle of thinking of a DVR as a fancy VCR, things get a lot easier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts