Need help ordering

Billnut

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Jun 6, 2004
I want to order dish network but I don't want to pay the $100 for the second dish for Voom. When I play with the "order online" it says I need a second dish for my 8 of my locals, but they are not cbs,nbc,abc or fox. Would they still give me the second dish for the "other" locals and then I could order voom a week later?

Does the 942 record 2 shows at one time and let you watch a third?

Sure, request the wing dish for free for the rest of your locals.
Don't wait a week to order the 'vooms'!! Order them as soon as it's installed.

fred

and no, the 942 only has two tuners, so you can record two shows, but you either have to watch one of them, or watch something you have already recorded... unless you have a off air antenna, in which case you could watch something off of it.

Has anyone had any luck lowering the $250 start up cost of the 942? That is a big chunk just to lease a dvr.

I called dish to ask a few questions and he told me the second dish was free to receive all of my locals. When I asked about upgrading to the 942 he told me I would have to pay $100 for the second dish to receive any HD channels. No where in the conversation did either one of us mention Voom. Do you need the second dish just to receive the HD channels without the Voom channels?

Billnut said:
Has anyone had any luck lowering the $250 start up cost of the 942? That is a big chunk just to lease a dvr.

The only way to get a better deal is if you can find one of the offers (available with a DishClub referral? also to Voom customers who got an email from dishtv.com) for $0 installation minus a $49.99 rebate. In other words that effectively lowers the cost of the 942 to $200.

CDH.

birddoggy said:
and no, the 942 only has two tuners, so you can record two shows, but you either have to watch one of them, or watch something you have already recorded... unless you have a off air antenna, in which case you could watch something off of it.

The 942 has two satellite tuners and one ota tuner. You can record 3 things at the same time. Which is very cool. So you can watch something recorded while three things record at the same time. This is in single mode. In dual mode you are more limited in what you can watch on your main tv. The second tv can watch one thing and record another. I don't use the dual mode .

Billnut said:
I called dish to ask a few questions and he told me the second dish was free to receive all of my locals. When I asked about upgrading to the 942 he told me I would have to pay $100 for the second dish to receive any HD channels. No where in the conversation did either one of us mention Voom. Do you need the second dish just to receive the HD channels without the Voom channels?
Wrong. Another idiot CSR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)