Need help picking out two receivers

mbruno

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 19, 2010
Maryland
Greetings all,

I am singing up with Dish on the 20th of this month and I wanted some input from the community forum. Here what I would like to do. I have three TVs, all three HD sets flat panel with the HDMI connection and all greater then 720P. On two of the TV's I want the DVR and HD and the last one I could care less if I get HD on it. I had a OTA installed on my house for locals now which gives all the TV's HD.

I was thinking of getting a VIP722K and a VIP612solo unit. I also have a SlingBox HD pro as well, I would like to hook up. From all the comments on the form I kind of want to stay away from the 922 unit. I am under the impression that it is still buggy to say the least. Is this correct? What do you guys think? Should I go with some other setup?

Thanks

mbruno

your idea looks good. of course, you may not get the option to choose which receivers you will get. unless you buy them. go through Dishstore.com and you will have a better chance.

your idea looks good. of course, you may not get the option to choose which receivers you will get. unless you buy them. go through Dishstore.com and you will have a better chance.

Really why is that? Can't I just call them and tell then I want this? What does the dish store do for me?

I don't think Dish is quite as bad as DirecTV about which receivers they will send you. Simply tell them which models you want, and that if the installer shows up with anything else there will be no install. Then, when the installer arrives, go out to the truck to ensure he is bringing in the ones you want, or send him on his way, BEFORE you allow him to do any other work.

OR- just call Claude at Dishstore.net and tell him what you want. You'll likely get the best deal, and maybe the best chance of getting EXACTLY what boxes you want.

OR- call a local retailer and deal with him. That might be the best guarantee.

I've NEVER had any trouble out of Dish getting the exact model I wanted. I understand that this may be a bit harder today, but it can't really be that much of a problem.

I can't understand why it would be that hard to get what a new customer wants? If they want your business I would want to think they would give it to you. I just don't understand companies trying to shove stuff at you like a take it or leave offer.

if you want to get locals from All american direct what orbit do you have to be pointing at if you are in the eastern US. Like Maryland?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)