Need Help! Question on pointing new 3 LNB dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

slobizman

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
I just purchased a DirecTV 3 LNB disk to replace my old one which was a DirecDUO dish (DirecPC--which I no longer use--and DirecTV).

Before installing the new dish, I want to make sure I understand the pointing of it. The instructions tell me to go into the pointing setup on the TV/receiver, select Triple LNB, and input my zip code. Well, it doesn't give me the option for Triple LNB, it simply asks for my zip code.

My zip code is 93401 and it tells me Azimuth 148, Elevation 47, Tilt 104.

Unsure if this is still the same for the triple LNB I called Pegasus Technical Support. She plugged in my zip code and got different numbers: Azimuth 133, Elevation 44.1 and no tilt information. I asked if she sepecified Triple LNB and she said it didn't ask her. I'm was not confident of her abilities.

So, I'm sitting here wondering what I should do.

Is the pointing direction the exact same for a three LNB and any other dish? If so, I guess I should use the info from the TV, shich should be the same as how the dish is pointing now.

Any help is appreciated! I'll hold off until I hear from someone.

beast37799 said:
i just plugged your zip into my reciever and its already set for triple lnb dish. it comes up as azimuth 147.8 elevation 47.4 tilt 104.5. i hope this helps u out

Thank you!

I wonder why checking on the receiver is different than checking with Pegasus (which also agrees with an online calculator I found). Hmmm...

Do you have a newer (DirecTV Plus) receiver, or is is dated with your DirecDuo dish? Only DirecTV Plus receivers are compatible with 3 sat dish. This would explain the menu choices you had (or didn't have). You may need to buy a new receiver if you desire 110 and 119 WL, otherwise, an 18" dish will suffice.

al said:
Do you have a newer (DirecTV Plus) receiver, or is is dated with your DirecDuo dish? Only DirecTV Plus receivers are compatible with 3 sat dish. This would explain the menu choices you had (or didn't have). You may need to buy a new receiver if you desire 110 and 119 WL, otherwise, an 18" dish will suffice.

It's the Philips Model DSR6000R01. It's got 30 or 40 hour TIVO in it.

I don't know if it is a "Plus" or not. It is not the one that came with the DirecDUO though.

Do you think it will recognize 110 and 119?

If not, it will still pull in channels as it did with the old dish? The new 3LNB won't stop the reciever from working, will it? :eek:

I am trying to get my hands on a HR10-250, but it's a little difiicult right now.

If it is a tivo unit, it should handle a Phase 3 dish. I believe that all of the DirecTiVo's have an auto detect for the antenna, making it easier for customer. My receiver tells me 148 AZ, 46 EL & 103 TILT, so what they gave you is correct. The receiver menu should have an initial setup routine. Run it, and is should walk you through everything.

When you go to aim the sucker, make sure that you use the 101 transponder 1 (or any other single digit). I had my receiver set for transponder 28. My aim was off so I was actually getting a different satellite signal when I thought I was aimed in. Took me a couple of hours and some web surfing to finally realize the problem :eek: :eek:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts