Need help remembering stuff . Signal Related

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mcasdorph

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 28, 2012
WV, USA
Ok, its been a long time since I have needed to point my dish so a lot of stuff is blurry in my head. Long story short I had to set a new post in concrete and I'm plumb at the mast.

But now im hitting the problems again. Same as my post in 2017 where I was hitting 61.5 on the 72 LNB. I lost that one now after loosening the screws instead of swaying West as I was told back then. So now Im having a time trying to find anything. So a few questions.

What transponder is a good one for pointing on 61.5w?

Do I aim for 61.5 and Skew for 72 or is that overkill and I should just use the zipcode el/sk/az coordinates and that would get me in the ball park where I need to be regardless?

But I still need a good transponder for 61.5w.

I got 61.5w again but I believe its in the wrong lnb. Doing a test to see if it tells me I have fewer satellites. If it does Im swinging it West. One reason Im having problems is my elevation part is worn and I'm having trouble reading it. Skew should be good but will double check that too.

My switch check just told me I have fewer satellites so swinging West I go.

Reactions: TheKrell
Caveat: I have never don this! But IIRC the instructions for the 1000.4 were to cover the two outer LNBs, peak on 72, and then set the skew until 61.5 is best.
I remember the old Dish 500's you did. This one is an EA 1000.2 I believe (cant recall if it was .2 or .4, thinking it was .2)

Swaying West got me both. Just got to peak them.

I got 61.5w again but I believe its in the wrong lnb. Doing a test to see if it tells me I have fewer satellites. If it does Im swinging it West. One reason Im having problems is my elevation part is worn and I'm having trouble reading it. Skew should be good but will double check that too.

My switch check just told me I have fewer satellites so swinging West I go.
The 61.5 "eye" is on the right as you look from the back of the dish. Make sure you have the skew set right.

If it has 2 "eyes" it's a 1000.2. If it has 3 "eyes", it's a 1000.4
It was originally a WA 3 eyes for 110,119 & 129. I bought a EA LNB and it only has 2 eyes for 61.5 & 72. I heard the reflectors were the same. So was the .2 or .4 dependant on whether it was EA or WA? Or did each one have EA & WA respectively?

The 61.5 "eye" is on the right as you look from the back of the dish. Make sure you have the skew set right.
I was thinking that was correct from what I remember. The ports were in reverse order of the eyes. I covered the 72 (left one) earlier when I found wrong sat so I would make sure 61.5 was the one I was getting signal through when I was searching for 61.5.

It was originally a WA 3 eyes for 110,119 & 129. I bought a EA LNB and it only has 2 eyes for 61.5 & 72. I heard the reflectors were the same. So was the .2 or .4 dependant on whether it was EA or WA? Or did each one have EA & WA respectively?
The .2 and the .4 each have their own EA and WA LNB's The EA LNB for the .2 has two eyes (61.5 and 72.7) and the EA LNB for the .4 has 3 eyes (61.5, 72.7, and the recently deactivated 77). The reflectors for both versions are the same for either arc.

I was thinking that was correct from what I remember. The ports were in reverse order of the eyes. I covered the 72 (left one) earlier when I found wrong sat so I would make sure 61.5 was the one I was getting signal through when I was searching for 61.5.
The ports are meaningless, other than the Input on the WA LNBF's and EA Hybrid (Only) . There's an internal switch that combines the incoming signal into each port.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)