Need HELP! setting up 722 for activation.....

Roozilla

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 6, 2006
Texas
I'm in the process of trying to setup my 722. I'm at the Installation Summary screen and Satellite Input 1 is giving me a status of Reception Error. At first I thought I got a bad DVR, but then I connected the satellite cable directly to input one and re-ran the test...and everything showed to be good. So I'm thinking I might have a bad separator. Can I pick-up a new one at Radio Shack, will it void the warranty if it's not a Dish separator? I tried to activate it with one tuner connected (tuner 1) but it didn't seem to like that. I'm dying to see this DVR in action. Does any body have a workaround to connecting with one tuner connected & not using a separator? or do I just have to bite the bullet and wait until I can purchase a new separator. Thanks for your help guys.:hatsoff:

What lnb's/switches are you trying to use? The separator will only work with DPP. If it is DishPro or legacy, you will need to run another coax from the lnb's/switch. If you need another separator, a lot of Radio Shack's sell Dish Equipment.

I'm in the process of trying to setup my 722. I'm at the Installation Summary screen and Satellite Input 1 is giving me a status of Reception Error. At first I thought I got a bad DVR, but then I connected the satellite cable directly to input one and re-ran the test...and everything showed to be good. So I'm thinking I might have a bad separator. Can I pick-up a new one at Radio Shack, will it void the warranty if it's not a Dish separator? I tried to activate it with one tuner connected (tuner 1) but it didn't seem to like that. I'm dying to see this DVR in action. Does any body have a workaround to connecting with one tuner connected & not using a separator? or do I just have to bite the bullet and wait until I can purchase a new separator. Thanks for your help guys.:hatsoff:

I'm a newbie, so I have a stupid question. How do I know if I have the correct switch? Is this something where I need a tech to come to the house?

The lnb's are either 'legacy' (they have no markings), 'DishPro' (marked with large DP) and DishProPlus (marked with large DPP). Any switch could be either along the coax line running to the receiver or built into the lnb. Check what you have before continuing.

Why are you installing a 722 yourself? Is it a replacement, if so, what kind of receiver is it replacing?

Need to know what kind of LNB you have before we can help Dude:)

We ran our 722 for awhile with only tuner 1 connected. We replaced a 6000 and only had the one wire. It worked ok, but when I first turned it on for the day, I would usually have to go through the check switch and guide download since it wasnt happy with tuner 2 not connected. I just made sure I only recorded one show at any time, and I only did "record once" and not long term timers. It wasnt for long, we just had to wait for alittle better weather to run the second wire from the switch into the house.

wow, you need an installer.

Go outside and look at your dish/switch configuration... you are going to have to do this anyway... cause there is a really good chance you dont even pick up the needed satellite locations to get hd programming on that 722.

what area do you live in? we can at least tell you with dish or locations you need where you are to get the channels you want.

The lnb's are either 'legacy' (they have no markings), 'DishPro' (marked with large DP) and DishProPlus (marked with large DPP). Any switch could be either along the coax line running to the receiver or built into the lnb. Check what you have before continuing.

Looks like the problem was my switch. A Dish Network tech came by and said I needed a different switch. He had to run back to the office to get the correct one, hopefully I'll have the 722 up and running by this afternoon. WOOHOO! :clap

Well thanks to everyone that replied. They replaced the switch and I'm in business. The 722 is working and looking great. I think my wife will be very happy, I know I am. Thanks guys. :bow

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts