Need Help, signal problems

nxtdrnaybr

Original poster
May 23, 2007
Hi, I've been lurking for a while, but now I need some help and couldn't find anything that helped so far on the forum....

My equipment is pretty simple- 1 Satellite Dish 500 with just 110 and 119 LNB, One HD Receiver VIP211, and one regular receiver 311. I don't have HD channels because I cannot get 61.5.

My problem... I have always had a weak signal on 119(about 50-65) because of some trees, but had a tech come out yesterday to see if they could get a better one, they couldn't and now I have less than one I started with. Now I get nothing on 119 and when I run a check switch I get a 'Reception Error' on 119. Even worse is when I turn on the HD receiver it is stuck in a loop trying to find the 119 satellite and I can't change the channel or get a program guide to even get to a channel on 110. I have a 115-120 signal on the 110 satellite.

I have tried resetting the HD box, unplugging it, rechecking the switch etc, nothing helps get it out of the loop. The regular box still gets the 110 channels and a guide. I ran a check switch there and got an error but did not update the results so at least i have one box i can watch some TV.

-Any suggestions on getting out of the stupid loop on the HD box?
-Any suggestions on how to get 119 back?

I am still under warranty, but have to wait until next Tuesday before a tech can come, ridiculous. If you need more info please let me know..... sorry for the long post.

When you start fighting with trees, sometimes you luck out and have the dish in just the right place to get the signal sneaking through the trees. After you try repointing to get just a little bit more, you lose that "perfect" spot and probably won't get it back. You will need to trim/cut the trees or get your dish up higher. You can try tweaking your dish a little to the right or left to see if you can get anything to stop the sat not found loop.

I don't think it is the trees causing all the problems. I tried tweaking the dish to get a better signal, reset everything again. Everything is plumb and set to the right direction. Now when I run a check switch I only see the 110 satellite, no 119 anymore. could it be the LNB?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)