HD signal strength test

hoffmm1

Original poster
May 23, 2007
I'm new to the forum. Before I joined I recall seeing something about using your cell phone to call a number to check your signal strength, while next to your dish. And then moving the dish alignment slightly to improve the signal. What is that phone number? I'm only getting signal strength of around 50 max for transponder 31 on satellite 129. And most of the other transponders read 0.
Thanks for any help here.
MJH

Welcome to Satelliteguys.us!

There is no phone number to call. Basically, what you need to do is go to the Point Dish Screen (Menu, 6,1,1) and select satellite 129 and TP 31. It will display the signal strength and you can have someone read you the numbers while you're on the roof adjusting the dish.

Best thing to do is to just give it a slight nudge to the left, right, up and down and have someone tell you if the SS improved. Then you'll know which way to go.

Welcome to Satelliteguys.us!

There is no phone number to call. Basically, what you need to do is go to the Point Dish Screen (Menu, 6,1,1) and select satellite 129 and TP 31. It will display the signal strength and you can have someone read you the numbers while you're on the roof adjusting the dish.

Best thing to do is to just give it a slight nudge to the left, right, up and down and have someone tell you if the SS improved. Then you'll know which way to go.
That's what you could use the cell phone for. :)

Is it still 0% for "people giving their location when they need help" ?

Or was there someone a few years back (before I found this site) who actually gave their location ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts