Need help unclogging toilet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Success! Success!

Well.. after a tough fight... the toilet is now clear. I don't know if all the other stuff I did helped contribute to this victory, but all I know is that using the other plunger in the house was what was last used. As such, I feel that the winner should be properly acknowledged for their achievement.
Take a bow, Mr. Plunger..

l_3f0f743c75d6a9abdd813430a838b02b.jpg

Now everyone can finally go back to their lives as normal. Thank you all for your help and suggestions. Hopefully my future posts in the Chit-Chat club won't be so crappy.

A most hearty congratulations. Many happy returns! ;)

(I can't believe I read this thread from number 1 all the way to the end!)

Glad to hear it!

I remember on my 'problem clog' I had plunged so hard at one point that it actually forced the flapper in the tank up and essentially caused a new flush. Lets just say the bowl was a little full at that point. Water all over the place and all I could do was watch. What a mess!

Are you sure it is in the toilet and not the pipe below that goes to the main line?

When we had a problem the toilet snake and the plunger wouldn't fix, I had the wife unscrew the toilet from the floor and we ran the larger snake tool down the main line and pushed whatever it was out. That worked. It is a good idea if you have one of those rubber (I think it is rubber) seals handy to replace the old seal when you screw it back into the floor. So go to Home Depot or Lowes and get the larger crank auger tool thing with the arrow on the end and a seal. Then get your wife or the hired help to take off the toilet and run the tool down into the sewer pipe. That should do the trick.

Just be thankful it is only one toilet. You haven't hated life to it's fullest until you have replaced fifty feet of orangeburg pipe by means of digging and laying new PVC in the Florida summer heat. You've got it good my friend. haha.

Yez! you got the wife to do that? Maybe the neighbor's wife, but not mine. ;)

Yez! you got the wife to do that? Maybe the neighbor's wife, but not mine. ;)

Sure, she is a good woman. In my case I have had a number of back surgeries and had just had a spinal fusion around that time. I guess in most situations the men should handle it. Or hire a handyman. They charge far less than a plumber for such a simple job.

Crapper Clog

Not that you need enough room for a barn dance in there, but Holy Cow, you definitely don't have much room in there to change your mind, (or change out the toilet, if need be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
icon11.gif

well how did this all work out. me mr home repair was away..........

if you are using bowl cleaners espically that blue stuff, STOP it clogs the toilet over time.

people and kids drop stuff in toilets all the time that get stuck in the toilets trap, kinda visible on the outside of toilets, that squiggly tube. narrow it caches stuff.

you can remove toilet take outdoors and backflush with garden hose. often whatevers trapped will be expelled, when it couldnt go down......

always try plunging, snake might get by a stuck toothbrush but solids still get stuck.

always try flushing with a bucket of water. if toilet flushes fine interior passages likely clogged. can easily be opened in 10 minutes and 5 bucks worth of acid.

of course its always possible a main line might be clogged, with say a tree root.

this can easily be prevented in the future by dumping rocksalt sloution dopwn lines. salt kills roots while not harming trees. been doing that for over 10 years now, as a preventive it works great.

see toiletology on internet for more than you ever want to know about toliets.

Speaking as a plumber, I just love:rolleyes: when people use the "blue stuff", I come and fix the problem and go home with blue hands. Don't use it, it erodes plastic and rubber parts in your water closet. (The top part, where the water is stored.)

Speaking as a plumber, I just love:rolleyes: when people use the "blue stuff", I come and fix the problem and go home with blue hands. Don't use it, it erodes plastic and rubber parts in your water closet. (The top part, where the water is stored.)
If this stuff has no benefits, then how can they allow it to be sold?

I didn't say it had no benefits, I said it erodes rubber and plastic parts. By the way there is plenty of crap sold everyday that has no benefit, where does it say something actually has to work for it to be sold? This isn't just a plumbing thing. By the way, Drano and it's ilk are not of any use either. If you have a clog in your trap, just take it off and clean it. Takes all of 2 minutes, costs nothing. I've snaked hundreds of drains, yet to come across a plugged trap that caused the problem. Look around your house, I'm sure you'll find a lot of things that have no benefits, yet you bought it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts