Need help w/ota

cwbuckley

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 13, 2006
EL Paso
I need somebody's help. I have two receivers. The 1st is a 211. The 2nd is a 942 dvr. I am having problems receiving our local CBS station on the 942. I get it on the 211. When the signal strength is close to 100 on the 211, I have no problem receiving CBS on the 942. However lately the signal on the 211 is in the 50's. When that occurs I don't get CBS. Does anybody know what might cause this. Is it because cbs is not broadcasting at full strength. There is usuallya 20 signal strength difference btw the 211 and the 942, with the 211 being higher.

Any help that anybody can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Yes, both receivers are feed with an antenna that mounted on my roof. They(installers) used a diaplexor(SP) to split the signal on the outside and again on the inside with both receivers. I just checked cbs and their signal strength is coming in at 100, last night it was 57. I will be getting a picture from cbs hd on the 942 now. Signal strength is at 72.

I was afraid that you would ask that. I don't know what the brand and model is, it is a uhf/vhf that's all that I know.

I just did an antennaweb.org check on El Paso, TX and it indicates all digital channels are UHF. I use a Winegard HD9095-P. Alot of people also recommend a Channel Master 4228. You might want to try a UHF only antenna.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)