NEED HELP WEIRD PROBLEM

fatcat59

Original poster
Sep 8, 2008
I have a question about a antenna i installed it's a terk slimline outdoor antenna.My channnels come in very well, but i have a problem when vehicles drive by my house it messes with the picture.My house is about 30 feet from the road and i have to have mounted on the front of the house facing the road in the direction of my towers.Do i need a amplifier or is there another way to fix this problem. Sometimes i get a alot of traffic and this can be a annoying problem. Any help would be great thanks!!!!!

What is your zip code? (this will help trouble shoot)

You need a better antenna that is mounted higher up (like roof line) and aimed correctly.

Msavertising had good information on the other thread. Only thing I wanted to say was your Terk antenna does have a small amp built inside. That is the reason for the small red light on it. Adding another amp will make things worse it terms of multi-path issues. If you can move the antenna to the side of the house and 90 degrees to the interferience may work (did for me). A higher/better/more directional antenna is the next option.

Good Luck

What is your zip code? (this will help trouble shoot)

You need a better antenna that is mounted higher up (like roof line) and aimed correctly.
my zip is 29687 and i already went to antennaweb to aim it Like i said the channels come in great until vehicles drive by But today i went up on roof which was another 15' higher and mounted it Same results I paid 90 bucks for this piece of junk What antenna would you recommend for multipathing I have a terk slim profile outdoor antenna

You'll need a more directional antenna to fight multipath. Channel Master and Winegard both make compact antennas that cover channels 7-52. The down side is that you will probably need a rotor since your stations are coming in from many different directions.

Avoid any amplification. You have a relatively strong TV station & 2 strong FM stations around 5 miles away.(Overload city-OUCH!!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)