ChannelsDVR problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Comptech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 26, 2006
Travelers Rest SC
I am having a random problem were windows shuts off my port forwarding. I have set it automatically and manually, but every couple of weeks it turns off and I have to port forward again. Has anyone ran into this?

What are you using to make changes to your Firewall? There is the Windows Firewall settings CP, and there is also the Local Policy CP which includes Firewall Policies. Are you opening up the port(s) or the program?

I am having a random problem were windows shuts off my port forwarding. I have set it automatically and manually, but every couple of weeks it turns off and I have to port forward again. Has anyone ran into this?
I don't have any issues of this happening with my Netgear Nighthawk R7000 router, and the Raspberry pi I'm running Channels server on. Channels automatically configured my router, and it was all seamless.

That said, every time I've had an issue like this on my Windows 10 machine, it's because I was stupid enough to use the included McAfee Livesafe anti-virus included when I bought the laptop, and it's always clamping down on things it shouldn't. Even AFTER it asks "if something should be allowed" and you choose "Forever".

If I was you, I'd post a thread over on the Channels forum and ask. I've emailed them directly even, and they've answered me pretty quickly.

support@getchannels.com

or

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)