Need help what type of LNB would be best.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rodioguy

Original poster
Mar 3, 2007
I am setting up 6 ft Dish want C band for the most part Have 1.2 meter dish for KU and would like to get both KU and C to two receivers Open box9. Would it be best to go with dual output C band LNBF like the DMX242 or the standard KU/C band LNB? I am using dual KU LNB on 1.2 meter dish.

Then how do I Switch. I know that a lot of information but I have not been able to find a good answer only that the dual Ku/C band work good on ku or C but not both at the same time. Help | Rodioguy

For the 6' dish, I'd install either a GeoSatPro C2 or WSI/Galaxy DMX242, dual output C-band LNBF.
See the Hardware Review department for further comments.

Then, I'd route those two outputs to the non-22khz side of a 4x4, 5x4, 4x8, or 5x8 multiswitch.
One good example, is the self-powered WNC SWA-48 model.
Disregard the mods described to the switch; just read the thread for discussion.

The Switches Simpllified FAQ has a drawing to show how you hook to your receivers and the dual-output Ku LNBF.
I think that just about covers all the bases. ;)

Oh, be sure you set the C-band LNBF skew correctly when aimed at your true-south satellite.
Some units you dial to zero, and some to 90°.

For a 6 footer i would go with C only, as Ku it's not as good in a 6 footer as it is on an 8 or 10 footer (or bigger) where i've had very very good results, though i've had limited succes with C/Ku on a 6 foot prime focus dish using a DMSI BSC621-2 and pretty good results with the DMSI BSC422 AND BSC421, my experiences with WSI has left me with too much to be desired (even if their products look eerily similar to DMSI's products, even the numbers they use to identify them, but at the end of the day, in my experience, they are not the same, i went with the BSC series and have been happy up until now after a few years after switching from old Chaparral LNBs).

You can use C/Ku with an individual DiSEqC, but i wouldn't advise you to do so in a 6ft prime focus dish, go with a BSC422 so you can feed more than 2 receivers if you want to.

Status
Please reply by conversation.