Need Help with 10FT Satellite Dish PLEASE

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ruthy

Original poster
Oct 4, 2006
I have a 10 foot Orbitron Satellite dish (mesh) and my question is, do you happen to know where the DECLINATION mark is. My husband buffed it off by acedent and he can not find the mark or if someone has a picture of the declination mark on they dish it would be so helpful. THANKS !!!

Last edited:
I don't have a picture but I used to have an Orbitron 12' dish with the "spinclination" mount. The only way I can think of to set it without the mark is to measure the elevation angle, the run the dish up to center (where it's not leaning east or west) and measure the angle on the rim of the dish. Then spin it until the offset is correct for your location. Also, if it was set correctly before, there may marks from the set bolts that will get you close to the correct position.

I thought I'd done the same thing (worn the spinclination paint mark off).
However, when I pulled the dish hub out farther from the pole mount there it was!
They paint that white line the length of the hub.
On mine, it lines up with the "longest" part of the hub.

The spinclination mount has a range of plus or minus 8 degrees. So a 90 degree rotation of the dish will result in an 8 degree change in declination, a 45 degree rotation of the dish will result in a 4 degree change in declination, etc. If you know the required declination of your location, you can get a pretty close approximation of how much to rotate the dish for the required declination. Good luck and have fun.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)