Need help with a car decision - old "cream puff" or lemon ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked at blue book, but without knowing more particulars about the specific car I decided there wasn't really a point in trying to value it.
Yeah, there were plenty of details I didn't know so I went with "best case". The Gran Sport appears to be top of the line plus I picked the largest engine option. I didn't add any other options like they list (sunroof, cd player, wire wheels, etc, etc .... I have no clue what it has vs what's standard).

Point is, if it's less than a Gran Sport, has a smaller engine, and so on, it's worth even *less*.

Bob has the good idea. My Dad and Step-Mom use to drive back and forth to FL every winter, but now they fly and some guy puts their Town Car (I believe it's a law in FL that everybody over 65 has to drive a Town Car or a Cadillac) on a flat-bed truck and drives it to their condo for a few hundred bucks.

Once you get it home, you have the option of who does the work and the car can be inspected by someone you trust.

Wow! Michigan to FL for a few hundred bucks! Give me that guy's name! I the best price I found was closer to $1,000 and that wasn't even the whole distance, meaning that I still needed to have it in condition to drive legally. I have also heard of services that will drive your car for you for a modest price, but then again it needs to be road worthy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)