need help with antenna

hanson

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2009
ky.
i live in southern ky,what type of antenna should i get to get channels about 100 miles away? would i need a booster,and high should i put it

i live in southern ky,what type of antenna should i get to get channels about 100 miles away? would i need a booster,and high should i put it

You chances of getting a reliable solid signal at 100 miles is really pretty slim with the antennas currently on the market and the curvature of the earth pretty much limits effectiveness to about 70 miles for UHF band signals. Low VHF band (2-6) can bounce further than this. Then you will need a tower most likely between 45-60 feet along with a pre-amp for both VHF and UHF so beyond 70 miles, unless you can get direct line-of-sight to the transmitters, the number of things that could impact reception negatively is numerous. With the old analog you had a much better chance of getting something but with the new digital the signal drops off to fast, it's an "all or nothing at all" proposition. I get stations at 90+ miles but I've got two of the largest antennas that no are longer make by Channel Master or anyone else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts