Need help with audio problem

pychiowa

Original poster
Aug 9, 2004
I have a 942 and a Denon 2801 AV receiver. I use component video between the 942 and my HDTV and an optical audio link between the 942 and the Denon AVR.

When my 942 is on a SD channel, I can set my Denon to Dolby 5.1. However, when I am on a HD channel (Dish or OTA), my Denon switches out of 5.1 and into a Dolby Digital mode or a Dolby Pro Logic mode and either sounds different from the 5.1 mode. This is the case even if the HD content supposedly has Dolby 5.1 audio. The settings in the Dolby Digital menu of System Setup on the 942 do not seem to matter (whether DD/PCM, DD only, or PCM only - Line or RF mode).

Something seems to have changed from the previous software download. Prior to that, my Denon almost never dropped out of Dolby 5.1 changing through all those channel mentioned. I can't seem to figure out if the problem is in the 942 or the Denon AVR.

Help.

942 Audio

It's not the Denon receiver as I too am having the same audio changes on some of the HD, SD and OTA channels with the Denon 3805 that I never used to have when I first got the 942 about 6 months ago. Same Component and Toslink hook up and receiver set to Auto which would set it to the 5.1 settings. Again just getting used to some of the bugs the receiver is having, and hopefully will either get fixed or eliminated with the next download or 962.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts