need help with best buy offer please

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

strokinthrees

Original poster
Jul 9, 2005
Thanks to all in advance for advice and thanks for my ongoing education in this web site:
This weeks best buy offer (if buying an hd tv) gets ya 30.00 off your bill for a year.
Can also get 100 of of BD player and a few other 100.00 off for other purchases.

Since I may buy an hd tv and BD player, is this going to be the best offer?

I guess I'd get dinged for more cost on the hr21 and not get free ship/hand.?

I could still get a 50. referal?

I have read other posts bout deals, aaa and such but since I may do the hdtv
and the 100 of BD is this my best deal for new D sign up?

Best Buy Offer

Its a great offer! I took advantage of it a few weeks back. Just to clarify you it's a $30.00 credit on your bill for 12 months but only if you get an HDTV that’s over $999. For some reason DtV also gave me another $18 for 12 months rebate called the National cash back offer, which I wasn't expecting. I suggest you request it if they don’t offer it to you. You can also get a one time $20.00 credit for signing up for online billing once your account is active. All together, its a great deal@

So far, I am happy with my service. Except for the dual tuner single cable issue and lack of the SWM availability in my area...but that’s another posting......

As for the cost of the tuners, $99 for the first hr21, $199 for the second.. Delivery was about $20.00 and tax was about $22.00

My total was roughly $340.00…the dish, install and cable are free.

I am sure you could get a referal discount, I don't know myself as I didn't know my friends had it until I got it.

Good luck on your purchase!

Offer

By the way, the offers good until 10/31/08…so no rush. Details are on there website, just search for DTV.

Also, welcome to the forum...being a new DTV subscriber myself...this website packs a lot of good stuff.

Finally signed up yesterday, with this offer

Hey,

I have been wanting to sign up for DTV for about a year and finally made the leap yesterday. I confirmed with the install company that they had SWMlnb available and they said they would bring one for my install (new house, ONq structured wiring, big mess to try and install w/o SWM or SWMlnb).

Anyhow, the BB deal is the one of the best deals out there, as everyone has said its $30 credit for 12 months (total $360). Also, with the BB deal you qualify for any DTV national promo.

I signed up with the Best Buy $30 credit plus the DTV promo:

NFL ST + 4 month free Premier Package + Free DVR service for 4 months
$74.99 1st 4 months (then you can keep premier or change package)
$9.99 HD Access
$9.99 2 Lease fee
$0 Standard Reciever
$0 HD-DVR (this deal gives you a free HD-DVR)
$99 HD-Reciever

However, you do not qualify for the referral bonus. She said when you sign up through CircuitCity or BEst BUy the referral bonus is not eligible. This may be true or subject to the CSR roulette.

As for the AAA deal you would get $10 month for 24 months ($240 total) + you do qualify for referall bonus which is 10/month for 5 months ($50 total) + you qualify for an extra $99 instant rebate on an HD-DVR (I'm not sure if that can also be used for $99 of a DVR or HD Reciever). And you still qualify for the national promotion.

So far your saving would be:
BestBuy = $360
AAA = $390

Aso, you may be able to get more out of the CSR depending on who you get, so your savings may be even more.

Thanks for the great advice!!

I just bought a kuro 5010 1080p at BB on clearance for 2499.00
That is half the msrp from last fall (4999.00)

Got the 30.00 off for first year, free hr21dvr

Waived the shipping and handling, wouldn't let me have the 50.00 referal fee

also got 100.00 off of ps3 80g that BB says will be in maybe by Tuesday (will use
it for my 1st BD player (firmware upgradable and so many different advantages
and good reviews, I might just try the gaming thing too, no grandkids to play it
with yet though.

The last time I was this excited I was doing 100+ mph on my new norton
850, now that was a l o n g time ago

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)