Need help with Combining Sat + OTA on same line.

I have a single line coming into my 722k that back feeds to the rest of the house. The is already a combiner/splitter in the attack that feeds my tv 2.

I am trying to hook my attack antenna. I tried the above method but didn't get the OTA.

I combined the OTA and Coax from Sat, but that line fed into another combiner/splitter that back fed TV2.

Can I combined Ota with this set up?

Thanks for all the help. What type of amp do I need and where do I hook it up? Near the antenna or behind the 722k?

Can anyone recommend of a low cost solution with a good return policy?
I would put the splitter either before the OTA split or before the diplexer going to your second receiver. That OTA split is going to drop the signal 3db by itself.

IF you use a diplexor near your sat dish and antenna ,feed into the appropriate inputs and then use another diplexor to out put back both sat and tv signal , it will work with a 722k. That is my setup on my second account at my parents house and I use that setup for my 211k that is deactivated on my main account, to power my clip on antenna for my ota stations. I can't do this on my main account with my hopper /superjoey and joeys to get ota stations. So I use a separate western arc dish just for the ota antenna powered by the 211k. There should be no splitters along the way from the sat dish /antenna and before you diplex it back out for signals to tv and satellite inputs on your tv and satellite receiver. Also you have to use a separate dish splitter ,from the satellite ouput on the diplexor near your tv , to feed both satellite inputs on your 722k receiver.

I have a single line coming into my 722k that back feeds to the rest of the house. The is already a combiner/splitter in the attack that feeds my tv 2.

I am trying to hook my attack antenna. I tried the above method but didn't get the OTA.

I combined the OTA and Coax from Sat, but that line fed into another combiner/splitter that back fed TV2.

Can I combined Ota with this set up?

Take the antenna wire and connect it directly to the back of the tv(bypass all the dish equipment). Then use your tv to scan for ota. Do you get any channels?

Maybe could be because your also combining the remote antenna signal to relocate the antenna to the tv2 location? It has been a long while sense I've done that type of cable configuring. Do you have tv2 mirrored to another tv?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)