Need help with direct tv local channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

PJ2011

Original poster
Sep 12, 2011
MO
Hello, I need help with getting local channels to work, the problem is that I keep getting "error 771 searching for Sat on in 2" message when I am on a local channel. But the weird thing is that if I stay on a local channel for about 10 minutes the locals do work and error leaves. I am confused. we have a Direct tv Hr24 with a slimline 5 dish and a BBC on each tuner. Also when we go on a normal channel for example USA then go back to a local it says error 771 again for about 10 minutes then works again. I am not sure what the problem is.

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

It could be a number of things, but let's start with the simple ones. First, is the dish properly installed, not loose or being blocked by tress? Are all of your connections tight? Can you post the signal levels for all of the satellites and transponders?

The Dish is installed correct. I think all the connections are tight but not sure. And the signal meters read: sat 101 tuner 1 and 2 96%, sat 110 both tuners 85%, sat 119 76% both tuners, sat 99s both tuners N/A, sat 103s both tuners N/A, sat 103ca 76% both tuners, sat 103cb 79% both tuners, sat 99c one tuner 84% tuner 2 N/A.

It would be helpful if you can post all of the signal strength numbers, especially for 99c and 103ca and cb.

If you're getting 99c and 103c signals averaging in the seventies, your dish is NOT aimed correctly and is likely the source of your difficulties.

I am a newbie too..feel lost..audio on my localchannels only started clipping & dropping out..am missing every other word or so with audio drop out..
direct tv says it is the locals ...local stastions ALL say it is a directv problem..had whole system checked out by tech...everything OK ? ? ? missing most of all our favorite
season premier local network shows...any ideas ?
tictocson@hotmail.com

thank you

Is it occurring only on the local channels or the nationals, too? If locals only, is it one, or all of them?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)