Need Help with Directv issues?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stonecold

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 23, 2004
Directv La La Land
Ok before the this forum turns into scotts dumping ground of negativity, I want everyone to know if you have a issue with DTV ( non techincal ) I am more then willing to help. I dont want people to think that dtv is not there to take care of there issue or not trying to reslove issues. Now some people can and will say that dtv is evil and dtv does nothing good . They ill tell you that dtv service sucks.

I am not going to lie are there agents who make mistakes or not understand policies. yes. Has some problem arrived from software issues or mistakes like the system exten out contracts when using replacement recievers yes but those are beeing taken care of.

Directv has some improving to do unfornatelly I can only vouch for the agents under me.

I can also say that I have never turn away someone looking for help and will do everything in my power to correct issues.

As long as I am not banned for flipping out for time to time on dtv bashes I should be around along time. If not I will try and help as many members I can.

If you need help and your getting no where with directv pm me and I giving my office phone to call and see what we can do .

Your DTV Resident Billing Sup - Stonecold

Glad you're taking up the cause for unhappy DTV subs here, and good for DTV management. If there were a Dish CSR or supervisor publicly offering to help subs on this site, Charlie would fire him/her immediately.

i would point out that I hbe no permission from DTV Management. i been a long time Sat guys memeber and I am going to help any way I can. I wont do anything illegal but if someone need help I can always tell them how policy is and what kinds or options they may have or to just simply correct bad info from csrs

I could go on a lecture circuit about how small simple mistakes lead ot upset custome and angry posting and feelings that customers service reps are bad.

Really all we can do is I use this forum as a educational tool to pull real problems where I see simple mistakes happen and try to use them to make sure my team does not suffer the same problems.

Are you trolling Stone Cold? :)

I am not dumping on DirecTV, just reporting the facts.

It would be nice if I had something positive to report about DirecTV, but unfortunately all the news reports and press releases I have been getting lately have been bad things about DirecTV.

I LOVE it when we have good things to report.

Thanks for trying to help out and hope you don't get fired for trying to make DirecTV better for us SatelliteGuys members.

Best Wishes

Stonecold,

I appreciate your willingness to offer help. I hope that this site and Directv will get back to a cooperative consumer/provider relationship with an emphasis of providing an interface for product improvement and customer relations.

I haven't taken any side in the misunderstanding that hopefully has been reconciled. I'm happy with Directv presently but looking forward to product and service improvements as well as addition national HD channels and customer incentives.

I would hope that Directv would appreciate both their opportunity to grow and continue to expand upon future technologies. I believe their added subscribers despite the current economic outlook gives Directv a unique opportunity to focus on future development. This site provides a means for consumers to communicate their expectations for future patronage.

Best of wishes on your efforts,

I could go on a lecture circuit about how small simple mistakes lead ot upset custome and angry posting and feelings that customers service reps are bad.

Really all we can do is I use this forum as a educational tool to pull real problems where I see simple mistakes happen and try to use them to make sure my team does not suffer the same problems.

I work in a call center although no longer take calls. We have reps that make some of the dumbest mistakes and dont follow or remember policy.

Here is my only gripes. I started Nov. 1st 2008. I entered with the Sunday Ticket offer last year. When that ended I kept Preimer Package and added HD Extra, MLBEI, NHLCI and now Gameplan. When I re-up NFLST Directv was more than kind in giving me the $20 off per month plus Free Superfan.

Now my issue I no longer have Versus. On top of that I am on the fence about NHLCI because of no MSG-HD & MSG+-HD feed. Yes the battle is between Cablevision and the NHL but Directv needs to send a message to them. It is my belief credits need to be given out. Last year I said nothing when I could no longer watch the Devils in HD from January 1st on. Having 37" and using SD sucks. Why cant they look at a credit of $30 or more for these issues?

Stonecold,

Thanks for sticking up for us here! Very nice of you.:cool:

I have one minor Q.

I slowly want to upgrade the 1 SD and 1 HD non DVR setups I have. I am new to D*. 1st bill isn't due till 9/27/09

Just wondering how soon I can Buy a r22 DVR from a local source and replace the D12 in my sons room?

Thanks
jet

It would be nice if I had something positive to report about DirecTV, but unfortunately all the news reports and press releases I have been getting lately have been bad things about DirecTV.
Scott, while I am no apologist for bad service by any business, it is simply good journalism to verify reports and assertions instead of repeating them verbatim.

I work in a call center although no longer take calls. We have reps that make some of the dumbest mistakes and dont follow or remember policy.

Here is my only gripes. I started Nov. 1st 2008. I entered with the Sunday Ticket offer last year. When that ended I kept Preimer Package and added HD Extra, MLBEI, NHLCI and now Gameplan. When I re-up NFLST Directv was more than kind in giving me the $20 off per month plus Free Superfan.

Now my issue I no longer have Versus. On top of that I am on the fence about NHLCI because of no MSG-HD & MSG+-HD feed. Yes the battle is between Cablevision and the NHL but Directv needs to send a message to them. It is my belief credits need to be given out. Last year I said nothing when I could no longer watch the Devils in HD from January 1st on. Having 37" and using SD sucks. Why cant they look at a credit of $30 or more for these issues?

I will PM you with an offer that in the book that better then 30 dollars off but I aks you not to make it public knowledge

Stonecold,

I have one minor Q.

I slowly want to upgrade the 1 SD and 1 HD non DVR setups I have. I am new to D*. 1st bill isn't due till 9/27/09

Just wondering how soon I can Buy a r22 DVR from a local source and replace the D12 in my sons room?

Thanks
jet

You could of done that same tday yoru installed. I suggest sooner the better. as activing that r22 is going to cause a 2 year committment so if you only a month into yoru contract then do it now then you contract relaly only gets extened by a month.

Are you trolling Stone Cold? :)

I am not dumping on DirecTV, just reporting the facts.

I LOVE it when we have good things to report.

Thanks for trying to help out and hope you don't get fired for trying to make DirecTV better for us SatelliteGuys members.

Scott my Ultimate goal is to push DTV Management to take satelliteguys and work out a deal with you to offer a deadicated forum for DTV issue just like there are is a Verizon / and Comcast direct support forums on dslreports.com

A place where a customer can privately post there problem have an agent review and take care of the issue.

Like I said before I saw 3 problems with your multi-channel news posting not on your end but ours 3 simple mistakes that lead to you get that 100 ecf.
The first was was actually happend back when you got the replacement reciever. The reciever was ordered the wrong way in our order system which called the contract ext to happen in the billing system when you activated it.

Stonecold,

I have one minor Q.

Thanks
jet

Better get an R22 quick while you can find one unless I read wrong DirecTV is not going to offer the R22s no more(1 of DirecTV's management's dumb decisions) and is going back to the MPEG2 R16 for non MPEG4 SD locals areas.In MPEG4 SD locals areas they will offer the HR2xs? yea that makes sense???.:confused:

The R22 to me was the future of MPEG4 transition to both HD and MPEG4 SD.:rant:

Scott, while I am no apologist for bad service by any business, it is simply good journalism to verify reports and assertions instead of repeating them verbatim.
This is forum not the New York Times. It is the norm to repost news items and press releases.

directv happy

hey i was with dish for 11 years ,,and ill tell you directv is just fine with me could not be happier...i called in a few weeks ago about versus being taken off and they offered me showtime free for one year and a 5.00 credit off my bill for 6 monthes for being only a loyal customer for only 2years..which i thought was pretty cool..so come jan when all the new hd channels get flipped on everyone will go back to bashing dish again,,,

This is forum not the New York Times. It is the norm to repost news items and press releases.

Scott got a question I made an account with the MultiChannel News site.Tried to post a reply to "What's wrong with DirecTV" article clicked submit after entering the ID numbers and letters.Got a blank screen does it take awhile for new posts to show up?.:confused:

Mods please adjust this post where needed please.

Like I said before I saw 3 problems with your multi-channel news posting not on your end but ours 3 simple mistakes that lead to you get that 100 ecf.

The first was was actually happend back when you got the replacement reciever. The reciever was ordered the wrong way in our order system which called the contract ext to happen in the billing system when you activated it.
This is happening to a lot of people not just me. I never honestly thought it would happen to me.

Here are the things that upset me on this.

1) When I called and canceled I was told that the ETF was waved (after explaining to the rep that there should not be a contract extension on replacement units.

2) Getting a bill in the mail with them charging me the $100 ETF fee, which went against everything that was told to me on the phone call.

3) Calling back and talking to two more people who at first insisted that replacement equipment activates the contract period and having to explain to them how things work.

4) Having a statement come out from DirecTV that they never take the ETF from a persons bank account or credit card without checking with them first. No one contacted me, they just took the money.

5) Being told that it will be 6 to 8 weeks to get my money back when it was clarly a DirecTV mistake. Why should I have to give them a 2 month interest free loan because they made a mistake. What if you went to DirecTV and it was payday and $100 was missing from your check, and in checking things out DirecTV made a mistake in paying you and said they would fix it but it would take them two months to do so.

I have done everything required of me to close my account with the hopes that once my money situation here improves that perhaps one day Ian get DirecTV again.

DirecTV has a customer promise it goes something like this...

We strive to deliver the best television experience for you every day.

Committed to the principles of honesty and integrity, our employees are determined to provide you with prompt, courteous and excellent service.
We promise to do our best to resolve any issues that might arise as quickly as possible. And we will continue to develop the unique, innovative programming and services that you have come to expect and enjoy from DIRECTV.

That is our promise to you.

I feel that they have broken that promise to me. 6 to 8 weeks to get my money back is not as quickly as possible.

Thanks for looking into this for me.

This is happening to a lot of people not just me. I never honestly thought it would happen to me.

Here are the things that upset me on this.

1) When I called and canceled I was told that the ETF was waved (after explaining to the rep that there should not be a contract extension on replacement units.

2) Getting a bill in the mail with them charging me the $100 ETF fee, which went against everything that was told to me on the phone call.

3) Calling back and talking to two more people who at first insisted that replacement equipment activates the contract period and having to explain to them how things work.

4) Having a statement come out from DirecTV that they never take the ETF from a persons bank account or credit card without checking with them first. No one contacted me, they just took the money.

5) Being told that it will be 6 to 8 weeks to get my money back when it was clarly a DirecTV mistake. Why should I have to give them a 2 month interest free loan because they made a mistake. What if you went to DirecTV and it was payday and $100 was missing from your check, and in checking things out DirecTV made a mistake in paying you and said they would fix it but it would take them two months to do so.

I have done everything required of me to close my account with the hopes that once my money situation here improves that perhaps one day Ian get DirecTV again.

DirecTV has a customer promise it goes something like this...

I feel that they have broken that promise to me. 6 to 8 weeks to get my money back is not as quickly as possible.

Thanks for looking into this for me.

there is a way to processed a urgent refund request which is 8 bus days

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts