Need Help with DirecTV slim line dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hosnatcher

Original poster
Jan 22, 2007
Okay here is my dilemma:

I live in an apartment on the second story and my apartment Balcony doesnt face the southern sky. I currently have a DirecTV Slimline HD dish. My dish is mounted on my balcony railing but the weight of the dish is too much for the balcony to hold over time.

I recently bought a 3 foot tripod floor mount that can hold the dish but I need a pole or mast (5-6 feet) that is compatible with this large dish. I am looking to use the tripod mount and drill it into the balcony floor and put the 5-6 foot mast down the center and attach the dish on top. However I am having a hell of a time trying to find the pole or mast. Does somebody have any website suggestions or store suggestions were I can find one?

Many people have bought 2in OD aluminized steel from muffler suppliers....it's apparently standard muffler pipe...

Many people have bought 2in OD aluminized steel from muffler suppliers....it's apparently standard muffler pipe...

That or fence post. It is slightly smaller than 2", so snug down those bolts!:D

Solid signal sells a 12" length of 2" OD pipe that mounts/bolts over the standard pipe.

2" OD pipe

solid signal also has a 30" mast an a 5 ft. mast for sale.
Pricey but easy to get.
You can get 2.00 " O.D. commercial fence post in long lenghts up to 8 ft if you diligently search google.

Doctor J

try cutting the foot mount that came with the kaku and self tap it the existing pole. just make sure its sturdy or ull have a hell of a time getting it leveled.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)