Need help with Dish reconfigure email

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rgerst

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 7, 2006
Fairhope, AL
E* sent me an email stating that I need to schedule an appointment to have my dish reconfigured or I would lose my HD programing. My zip code is 36532 and I currently have a dish pointed at 110/119 and a wing pointed at 61.5. AFAIK I am getting all the current HD channels (Indie, Retro, BBCA). Why do they need to reconfigure my setup? Thanks for the help!

I am no technician but I believe some of your programming has been moved to another satellite which you currently do not receive. I think they will replace your set up with one dish antenna. A 1000.4.

They're doing away with your particular set-up. They'll fix you up with either 110/119/129, or 61.5/72/77.

I checked while I was home for lunch and it turns out that I have 110/119 on the main dish and the wing is pointed at 129. Does that make a difference?

I checked while I was home for lunch and it turns out that I have 110/119 on the main dish and the wing is pointed at 129. Does that make a difference?
I had a dual set up, WA (110/119/129 for locals), that I had no problems with and when I got our first 722 I was told that I "had" to have a 1000.2 (most of you know my opinion on that unit). Well, it was nothing but trouble and just recently they switched me back to the two dish set up, since most of gear was already up there.

If everything is working, make them make sure it is absolutely necessary that this be done. Unless they are planning to "upgrade" you with the 1000.4, which is being used instead of the 1000.2 (Yaa!). Then you "might" fair better. But if at all possible stick with the dual dish set up if it's working. It would have saved me a ton of trouble and missed programming and . . .

I have Eastern Arc dish 1000.4 pointes at 61.5 72 and 77 and I just received a postcard from Dish stating I need to reconfigure my dish antenna...Is there some other type of change going on again??

I got a call from Dish some months ago about this. I was using 110, 119 and 61.5 and they told me I had to reconfigure to 72 as they were moving the programming off of 61.5. About a week later they called again and were a little more insistent. So, I moved the dish to 72, called and they made whatever changes and I didn't think much more of it...until I realized I was missing a few HD channels. When I asked them about that i was told they had not moved them all yet.

That's fine....now, here we are about two months later and I called yesterday to ask about my missing channels and my answer was.......gee, we don't know. And, more interesting was they told me I could move back to 61.5.

So, I am thinking they are not real sure what the heck they are doing or are going to do. I don't want to be out there moving the dish around especially right now as it's 10 freeking degrees. So I guess I am to just continue paying for channels i am not getting. Apparently they don't mind.

Your story of woe is exactly why Dish wants everybody off hybrid setups. They want a pure EA or WA installation so that they can move channels around at will and service is not disrupted (for long). Right now, some HD channels are on 61.5 exclusively, while others are on 72.7 exclusively, and locals are all over the place.

What is so urgent?

Hi,
I just got the infamous URGENT ACTION REQUIRED letter in the regular mail. Some of you were notified many months ago.
It is May 2nd 2011. I guess it's not that urgent.
I live at 40 north and 105.5 west, zip 80466. I get all my programming including HD on 110, 119, and 129.
I have 3- 30" winegard dishes and a DPP33 switch. The reason for the 30" dishes is because of the very low signal strength with any and all of the combo dishes during our really intense snowstorms. I aim each dish separately and get signal of over 90 from 110 and 119 and slightly lower from 129 and no skew adjustment.
Suffice it to say the 30"dishes keep signal up even during the worst snow and rain storms. I highly recommend them if you have the space.
Will I have to aim 129 to a different satellite? I hope they don't want me to put up a new dish.
I think almost all my HD is on 129.
I called Dish (E) and they don't have a clue like normal.
Thanks,
Del

Hi,
I just got the infamous URGENT ACTION REQUIRED letter in the regular mail. Some of you were notified many months ago.
It is May 2nd 2011. I guess it's not that urgent.
I live at 40 north and 105.5 west, zip 80466. I get all my programming including HD on 110, 119, and 129.
I have 3- 30" winegard dishes and a DPP33 switch. The reason for the 30" dishes is because of the very low signal strength with any and all of the combo dishes during our really intense snowstorms. I aim each dish separately and get signal of over 90 from 110 and 119 and slightly lower from 129 and no skew adjustment.
Suffice it to say the 30"dishes keep signal up even during the worst snow and rain storms. I highly recommend them if you have the space.
Will I have to aim 129 to a different satellite? I hope they don't want me to put up a new dish.
I think almost all my HD is on 129.
I called Dish (E) and they don't have a clue like normal.
Thanks,
Del

Chances are you don't need to repoint your dishes, but your account is probably tagged as having 61.5 installed instead of 129. If you do indeed have 119/110/129, you most likely don't need to change, but the info on your account does.

If you PM your phone number or account number, I'll make sure everything is correct on your account, and give you details if anything does need to be changed (I don't think it does).

saea501 said:
I got a call from Dish some months ago about this. I was using 110, 119 and 61.5 and they told me I had to reconfigure to 72 as they were moving the programming off of 61.5. About a week later they called again and were a little more insistent. So, I moved the dish to 72, called and they made whatever changes and I didn't think much more of it...until I realized I was missing a few HD channels. When I asked them about that i was told they had not moved them all yet.

That's fine....now, here we are about two months later and I called yesterday to ask about my missing channels and my answer was.......gee, we don't know. And, more interesting was they told me I could move back to 61.5.

So, I am thinking they are not real sure what the heck they are doing or are going to do. I don't want to be out there moving the dish around especially right now as it's 10 freeking degrees. So I guess I am to just continue paying for channels i am not getting. Apparently they don't mind.

You should have taken their offer for the 1000.4. It wouldn't matter where the HD is moved (61.5 or 72.7). Then you wouldn't have to complain about paying for channels you don't get.
And no, I don't think they mind!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)