Really strange Dish 625 crash message!

OoTLink

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2005
Here's one for you, my box just crashed(?) on a black screen with large white blocky letters, after about 30 seonds it restarted and all is normal now:

"THEY ARE PREPARED

FOR THIS TIME PERIOD..."

Since all is back to normal now I'm inclined not to care, but it wasn't maintenance time and that was a WEIRD crash message.

OoTLink said:
Here's one for you, my box just crashed(?) on a black screen with large white blocky letters, after about 30 seonds it restarted and all is normal now:

"THEY ARE PREPARED

FOR THIS TIME PERIOD..."

Since all is back to normal now I'm inclined not to care, but it wasn't maintenance time and that was a WEIRD crash message.

Your reciever is possessed!!!! Lol

Strange....

To the OP: Was there a 3-digit number in the top right corner of the message or anything else on it that you can recall?

I would have a camera ready for if it comes back (and some holy water ;))

MattG@ DISH NETWORK said:
Strange....

To the OP: Was there a 3-digit number in the top right corner of the message or anything else on it that you can recall?

I would have a camera ready for if it comes back (and some holy water ;))

I can only hazard a guess that it was the 666 message.

You must have somehow triggered a hidden code on the hard drive. This isn't supposed to spool until around Halloween, when, on Halloween night, all DVRs start playing an eerie jingle and telling all little kids it's time to watch TV... Oh wait, that's already a really BAD movie...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts