need help with dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

beaker9772

Original poster
Jun 6, 2004
I just recently moved apartments. My new place unfortunately is not facing South and hence my dish according to dishnetwork could not be installed. Is there any other ways I can do this..maybe the superdish or something ....do I need to have line of site for superdish??....thanks!!

It depends on what & where your apartment manager/owner will allow the installer to mount the dish. If they confine the installation to your patio/balcony as most do,then you may be out of luck. Sometimes it depends on the location of the apartment.Is it on the edge or corner of the apartment building,or in the middle? Is is upstairs or downstairs? You need to speak with the apartment manager to see what thier restrictions are.Then you may want to call a local retailer to have them do a site survey to see if there are any options. Superdish only complicates the situation.

Satellite reception should not be one's main concern when moving to a new apartment,but it is something to think about if you have an option of an apartment facing the north,or one facing the south.

Then there is the "slight" problem of grounding the satellite system to NEC and local codes in an apartment or condo, even with line of sight if it cant be ground to code its just NOT worth risking the lives of everyone in the whole building! Do you have a window that faces south? If so there is a link on my web site that shows how to get a signal through glass, but you will always need line of site for every satellite system, I know how it feels to be with out satellite, good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)