Need help with Dual-Dish setup

Green Frog

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 6, 2007
I want to setup two dishes because the 75E no longer provides enough signal strength for the DSR5XX in So California. I have tried switching between the new code and the old code (had some of my receivers replaced and they came with CC) and the image starts breaking up as soon as the new code gets downloaded.

Bigfella on this board of getting good results with the 75E, either his installer was better at pointing the dish or the additional 75 miles make a difference or the marine cloud layer is generally more here, but I cannot get near his signal strength.

Here is my question, I currently feed to 4 lines from the 75E dish with a quad LNBF to a 4 x 8 switch since I have 3 DSR530s (total on 6 sat feeds) and 1 DSR505, so I need 7 dual stat feeds. For my dual dish-setup, can I use 2 dual LNBFs and feed those 4 lines to my switch or do I need to use 2 quads, merge the 8 lines from the dishes in groups of 2 (one from each sat) and run 4 lines to my Aspen switch?

Any help would be appreciated.

If you get 2 non stacked single satellite dishes, there will be 2 outputs from each (voltage high and voltage low) - feed these to the inputs on the 4X8 multiswitch you already have. The 2 F1R lines are connected to "Sat A", 2 F2 lines to "Sat B". Make sure that you connect the high voltage line (18 v) from each dish to the corresponding input on the switch.

Setting up a dual dish system on SC

Star Choice New Channel Alert-ABC-W HD ch 295

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)