Need Help with Expressvu Setup

Weedmylips

Nov 16, 2004
Hello i need help setting up 4 recievers in my household.

2x3100
2x2700

what would be the best way to set this up..

I have a 2700 hooked up straight to one of the 2 satellite hookups, and i have a 3 way multi switch hooked up to 2x3100 and 1x2700 on the other, but i cant watch the lower channels on those 3 recievers.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Need a little more info
-Trying to pick up both 91 & 82?
-what do you have on the dish? 2 duals?

Lets say yes to both for sake of argument.
Honestly, the easiest thing to do is get a Legacy Quad LNB. This would allow you to hook 4 receivers to one dish.

If you don't want to do that, you would need a SW44. This works the same as a quad.

What you have right now (multisiwtch) only handles one satellite. You can get another one like that for the 2nd satellite slot and combine them with a bunch of SW21's....not recommended

my recommendations (in order of ease)
-quad
-SW44
-2nd multiswitch and many SW21's :)

Weedmylips

Nov 16, 2004
91, 82 ?

and yes its dual.

so a sw44 is all u need? and is the easiest one to setup?

o yeah, do i have to phone expressvu to tell them i have 2 extra recievers hooked up?

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
yes. all you would need is a SW44

you run all 4 lines from the 2 dual LNB's to the 4 inputs on the SW44 in 1a, 1b, 2a, 2b and run up to 4 lines out to the receivers

yes you would need to call ExpressVu and let them know you are adding 2 new receivers...otherwise all you'll get is the barker channel :):D

Derwin0

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
Peachtree City, GA
the lack of the multi reciever fee actually has me thinking of a 3rd reciever now (DVR of course :D )
probably pick on up next time I'm up there. I just wish the 5200 (522) wasn't so expensive.

Derwin0

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
Peachtree City, GA
I use Vonage for my Pennsylvania home, so I just added a Toronto number for $5.00 month.
But actually, they're not too anal about only 2 recievers.
The CSR I talked to yesterday about an overcharge mentioned I should keep my recievers plugged into the phone line, but when I told him that I was cell only, and the part of Northern Ontario my wife's house is in only has party lines he agreed I couldn't plug it in (Bell does not recommend Recievers be plugged into party lines).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)