Hi guys/gals,

First, let me tell you what hardware I have before I start rambling:

3 3100's (E469 firmware)
1 2700 (E451 firmware)
1 MCR 3x4 Multiswitch
2 SW-21's
2 dual LNB's
1 20" dish with twin LNB support

What I currently have setup, is a single "dual LNB" with 2 coaxial feeds coming in to the MCR 3x4 multiswitch, which enabled 4 IRD's to receive ExpressVU's 91 bird. This is working 100%.

Recently I decided I wanted to add a second dual LNB, to enable reception of the 82 bird which is used for ethnic/HDTV/other programming. I purchased a second dual LNB, and 2 SW-21 switches.

I installed the second LNB, and made 4 RG-6 patch cords. I took the 91 LNB outputs and routed them to "dish 1" on each SW-21. I took the 82 outputs and routed them to "dish 2" on the SW-21's. I connected the 2 outputs of the SW-21's to the 2 inputs of the MCR 3x4 multiswitch. This is where the problems began..

The IRD's won't detect the switches, and as a result I get 82 transponders in the 91 signal strength screen, and vise versa. I tried every configuration (swapping wires outside) but no matter what, I couldn't get the 82 transponders to stay on the 82 sig-strength screen, and the 91's to stay on 91.

I did some reading yesterday and learned of the SW-42. I was thinking of ordering one, but I'm thinking it won't help. Is the problem here my MCR 3x4 mutli-switch? Is this setup incompatible?

In a seperate installation, I used 2 seperate dishes - each with a dual output LNB, and fed the outputs in to SW-21's, which in turn fed only 2 IRD's. The setup yesterday was basically the same, except I used one dish (twin LNB capable) and the MCR 3x4 switch.

Could someone tell me what I need to do/buy/use to correct the problem I'm having here?

Thanks again,

Shaun

You need another 3 X 4 switch and 2 more SW-21s. Each dual LNB goes to a 3X4 this creates 4 outputs then 1-91 and 1-82 goes into each SW-21. The SW-21 can select which feed is sent to the receiver the 3 X 4 only selects the polarity sent to the receiver not the satellite feed.

easiest thing to do is get rid of the 3x4 switch and the sw21s and get a sw44 switch.

Thanks to everyone who's responded so far.

I guess my only concern with the SW-44, is that I'll have to run 2 more coaxial feeds from the dish location, to where each IRD is situated. The dish was installed at the time the home was constructed, as were the original 2 feedlines. The dish is on the side of a home up about 35 feet, with no roof access. :)

Is there any way I can do this with only 2 runs of coax at the dish? I don't mind mounting additional hardware outdoors, but the 3x4 switch in use now is installed in the basement at the service panel, 70 feet away from the dish.

It sounds like this one is going to be a real bitch unless I run some more coax..

S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)