Need help with hitting the arc on Kuband satellite

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kdjuan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2006
Hey Guys,

Iam able to lock in on 97w which is the closet satellite for my true south position. Iam able to also receive the satellites adjacent on both sides of 97w (95w and 99w). But iam not able to get another satellites besides these 3. what should i do to tweak up and get the other satellites tuned in.
Thanks.

Before we are able to assist you gives us bit more info

Where are you located, what Size dish do you have, how high is the signal quality on those satellite you are able to get, what kind of receiver do you have and are you using a signal meter to help you with the signal?

iam in hopkinsville,Kentucky 42240, i have a 4ft offset dish. iam getting signal readings of like 65% on the sats iam getting now.
iam using a Dmyco D4S Pro receiver. yes iam using a signal meter.

Try to see if you can hit 101 and then slowly try to see if you can hit 103 go on Sathint or Lyngsat for a working transponder. Put the dish on 99w then select a working transponder in the satmeter for 101W and the slowly move the dish in that direction you should lock a signal and do the same for 103w. That method always works catch the nearest Sat

check the dish Elevation on those 3 Sats that you are able to get and see if it correspond with your location Elevation because something does not sound right that dish is more than big enough unless the Elevation is off or the stand is not plumb. And just to ask what type of Lnb are you using ?

how do i check the elevations on the 3 sats that i can get
this is the lnb i have
Amazon product ASIN B00V582QOOany recommandations on a better one?
This is a great LNBF, and anyway seems to be working fine on the few sats that you are getting.

what I would suggest, if you have easy physical access to the dish, is this:

- Have the receiver/TV or a meter that can display quality near the dish, that you can see while standing behind the dish.
- point it to 99W, and manually put gentle pressure on the dish mount to make it look up or down from where it's pointing at. Note which way increases quality
- do the same on 95W.
- if one is up and one is down, it means your azimuth is off (your mount is not pointing to true South). Adjust and repeat (if 99W improved when pushing down, and 95W when up, then rotate the mount slightly Eastward)
- If one is up and the other unchanged, the azimuth is off, see point above.
- if both are improved in the same direction, the azimuth is mostly good, but the combination of mount elevation and declination is not right. Increase one, and decrease the other (by small amounts) while keeping the quality up on 97W. Then try scanning for 101W and 91W.

continue these small steps until you can scan the entire visible arc. As you get a wider arc, the adjustments will get smaller and smaller as you get closer to the right settings.

Be patient, this can be quite tedious, but it's worth it.

Reactions: Theseeker
We assume you are using a polar mount with a linear actuator. If you are in Hopkinsville, Kentucky then your starting point is way off. You should use 87 West as your southern most satellite and look for the Patient Channel , 11800 H 2686

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)