Need help with Hopper3/Joey2/WJ

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

southforksooner

Original poster
Jul 11, 2016
Texas
Hello guys,

I switched from Suddenlink to Dish about 6 weeks ago. My setup is as follows:

1 Hopper3
1 Joey2
1 Wireless Joey

I have never had an issue with the Hopper3 and it functioning properly. I have however had issues with the other 2 receivers.

First the Joey2. Since day 1 I have gotten an error message "broadband connection lost". This makes it so I can't even watch live TV. I believe the error code is 1503. After a few minutes it resets itself and works fine. I have had a tech come out 2 times. A 3rd time their supervisor came out. He determined that it isn't actually an internet issue, but rather a MoCa issue. He replaced the coax from the Hopper3 to the splitter thing that is in the attic because what I had was not 3Ghz. This appeared to have fixed the issue. After about 3 days the issue came back. I will get this error message probably every 5 minutes. About half an hour ago I turned off bridging on the Hopper and the error message has not come back up.

As I said before, I have never had an issue with the Hopper. My wife watches Netflix all the time on it. Its signal strength to the router is about 80 (wireless).

Under the history portion of the diagnostics menu, the Joey2 has had 203 MoCa notifications, the Hopper has had 206. The Joey2 has had 196 internal resets, the Hopper 12. To me this has to mean something is wrong with MoCa. I have been told to get an HIC, will this solve my issue? I have a netgear MoCa adapter, but I believe that it is not compatible with satellite setups.

Problem 2, the wireless Joey:

Just as regularly as the Joey2 has connection issues, the WJ does too. It however keeps disconnecting from the WJ AP. Its signal strength is about 58 - it's probably 15 feet from the AP, but it is going through an exterior brick wall. What more can I do to fix this, short of putting the AP and the WJ right next to each other?

I apologize for the wall of text.

Thanks for any help!

I've been having the same issue with my master bedroom Joey for 2 weeks now. Can't watch a show on tv without it giving the broadband connection lost error. We've called in Dish Network twice and Century Link 3 times. Did you ever find a solution for your problem?

I've been having the same issue with my master bedroom Joey for 2 weeks now. Can't watch a show on tv without it giving the broadband connection lost error. We've called in Dish Network twice and Century Link 3 times. Did you ever find a solution for your problem?

Why call Century link??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts