Need help with Installing DISH 500

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

prncess20

Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
hello everyone,
i am having trouble installing dish 500 (110/119) with Traditional two Dual LNBF's, two SW21s for ONE receiver.

i knwo you can do that, i just don't know. the only thingi got off the internet is from the dishnetwork site where it shows a diagram of a Traditional DISH 500 Installation using two Dual LNBF's, two SW21s for two receivers....Here

please help. i NEED MY DISCOVERY HEALTH!!!

take one of the ports from the 110 lnb and connect it to sat 1 input on the sw21 do the same for the 119 lnb and connect it to the sat2 input on the sw21 then run your switch check......it will do a 38 transponder count then verify connection to both sats if you dish is pointed correctly

Make sure everything is all legacy (as it seems to be). Do a check switch without the dish connected then try to get the signal on 119 without the switch connected. Once you get 119 see if a signal is coming in on 110. If so then connect it to the sw-21 switch and do a check switch again.

Make sure the mast is plumb on all sides so that the numbers are true and that there is no overhang blocking the view of the satellite.

ralfaro03 said:
take one of the ports from the 110 lnb and connect it to sat 1 input on the sw21 do the same for the 119 lnb and connect it to the sat2 input on the sw21 then run your switch check......it will do a 38 transponder count then verify connection to both sats if you dish is pointed correctly

oh okay. so how do i know if the dish is pointed correctly? is there a website i can go to and like input my city or zipcode and get teh angle and the other stuff i need?

how do i do a switch check?

By doing as I stated above you would know that your elevation and skew number would be correct on the dish. Give us your zip code and we will tell you where you should set your dish using a Dish500.

prncess20 said:

i went to the dish network site and i got this: click here

Dish 300 is only designed to look at one satellite (110, 119, 61.5, etc)
so skew is not necessary

Dish 500 has skew because you are trying to see 2 satellites. Since they are at different elevations, the skew is necessary

95355 Dish 500 Settings
Azimuth = 154
Elevation = 45
Skew = 82

95355 Dish 300 Settings (for 119 West)
Azimuth = 162
Elevation = 46
NO SKEW

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts