Need Help with "Moving"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

havok019

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
I've read a lot about how people are able to "move" from one city to the next, but I'm still not really sure how to go about doing this. Is there a guide somewhere or a thread with the basics? I ran a search and it just seemed to come up with a lot of stuff about issues people had with the "move" and not how to actually go about making a "move." Do I need to change settings in the receiver?
I had a 622 installed in May so my system should be fairly up to date.

Ideally, I'd like to "move" from Louisville to Columbus or Cleveland for the regional sports, or Indy for the HD locals if this is possible.

Edit -- I guess Indy doesn't get HD locals (thought I read they did). Looks like St. Louis or Nashville would be the closest.

Last edited:
It's a simple process.

1- Put your house up for sale.
2- Find a new home in the city you would like the HD from.
3- Install your system and activate.
4- Enjoy your new local HD programming. :D

This is the legal way of doing it.

oh yeah, when you do "move" and you schedule a service call later down the road cause something goes wrong, dont be surprised when the tech is a no-call no show cause he went to the wrong address.

I moved and E TWICE sent replacement boxes to my fake address:( that happened to be a customer of mine.

on a related question a buddy of mine says he has a legit address with E but a fake address with the out of area network provider. addreses dont match no problem. is that possible?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)