Need help with OTA setup on VIP 722k :)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nitewolfgtr

Original poster
May 9, 2009
Owasso, OK
First of all, I just got my new Dish installed and loving everything so far. It is much better than U-Verse(crap!).

Anyways, I just wanted to get some advice on how to get my OTA antenna setup through one coaxial.

Here's how the Dish technician setup my dish.

Dish --> Dish Pro Plus Separator --> Diplexer ---> split to 772K receiver (living room) and TV2 (bedroom) ---> to living room ---> Diplexer ---> one cable goes to TV2 output and the other cable goes into Dish Pro Plus Separator and then into the 722K receiver

I hope this isn't too confusing.

My goal to is try and install an OTA antenna in the attic and somehow utilize the same coaxial to send the OTA signal to my OTA module...
Can this be done with a single cable?

I really can't install a second cable since the technician would have to drop a second cable down the outer wall and the living room has a vaulted ceiling. Dish network technician told me this would be difficult and risky. Something he wont be able to do.

By the way, my entire house is wired with RG6 Quad Shield.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks! :D

But there's already a diplexer at the TV2 output on the receiver already to send the signal back through the SAT cable to the bedroom. If I put another diplexer right after the dish, would this mess up the line?

He diplexed the RF output from your 722 back into the RG-6 to feed it to TV2.

You need another set of diplexers to diplex the RF signal from the antenna into the satellite cable then back out at the 722.

I hope your OTA RF signals are robust, because all the diplexing will reduce signal strength on both OTA and satellite feeds.

If you are doing this to get away from the Dish Network monthly fee, be advised that you will not get any guide data because you do not have locals from Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)