Need help with Receiver VIP722

Stanleee

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 20, 2004
NY State
Trying to activate my rec. so I can view my contents of my DVR on my laptop. I get the activation # then type it in and it makes me login again and won't let me see my contents. DVR tab is still greyed out over and over again. Can anyone help? I have a VIP722

Are you trying to actually watch what is on your 722 or are you trying to manage the recordings and set timers via the remote access feature from Satellite TV - HD Satellite Television - DISH 1.888.825.2557

If you are just trying to manage the timers and recordings then be a little more specific about what screens you are seeing and where the problem comes up. If you are trying to actually watch content on the 722 then finniganps is correcet you would need a slingbox to do this.

Yes its hooked up to the ethernet and I am able to schedule recordings from my laptop. I am not trying to view TV on my laptop just trying to view my schedules and timers from my 722 on my laptop. When I try to activate my broadband connection on my laptop using the code provided by dish thats where it breaks down and makes me logon (again) and it doesn't see my DVR. Its weird it communicates one way but not the other.Thanks for trying to help

What internet browser are you using? Maybe try with a different one? I haven't had the problem that you are seeing on any of my receivers. I assume that your 722 shows as broadband OK when you do the connection diagnostic (menu 6, 3, connection).

Yes its OK or I wouldn't be able to schedule anything from my laptop.I have tried it on Google Chrome and IE and can't seem to get it. Any other ideas?

Sounds like I'm having the exact same problem:
(reposted)

722k receiver connected to broadband via a linksys game router. I can download video on demand and successfully set up recordings from the dish remote access website. However the "MyDVR" button on the website remains "grayed out" so I cannot manage my recordings/DVR space, etc. (I am not trying to view the programs on my DVR online since I don't have a slingbox.) Going to Preferences -> Receiver says my receiver is not online.

On the receiver, I've reset the network connection, then checked it under Diagnostics. Both of those tests report the receiver is connected. Only the MyDVR tab remains grayed out and the Preferences -> Receiver on the website reports it as offline.

This is a new system and I got everything to work a few days ago, including the MyDVR tab. I can think of nothing that changed on my end to make it fail so weirdly now.

Is there anyway from the Dish Remote Access website to get it to "look" for receivers?

based on the first post i would say he did try to activate it but can't complete the process.

It just started working on its own. I must say its cool and I enjoy it so far. Just hope it keeps working like it should. Thanks to all that tried to help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)