Need help with remote code

KanTex

Original poster
Aug 29, 2009
SE TX
I am new here and may have missed it, but I have just went to the VIP 222 (Dish Network) dual receiver and have a new Insignia 26" TV/DVD combo (NS-LDVD26Q-10A). Insignia is not listed in the remote codes section and I have not had any luck surfing for a code on the web. I tried the Code Search on the remote and went to the end with no luck. Any help would be appriciated, only keeping up with one remote would be nice:)

Unfortunately alot of the TV/VCR or DVD combo units won't program to Dish's remotes.

did you get a 222 or a 222k receiver. This is important because the 222k receivers come with the new 20.0 and 21.0 learning remotes. They "learn" the commands for almost anything that can be controlled via a standard IR signal. If you did get just a standard 222 receiver, and it matters a lot to you to be able to control the TV itself, just call dish and buy a 21.0 remote. some of the functions (such as the search key, and the remote wizard) won't be available on your 222, but the remote will be able to learn your TVs commands (and even control the DVD too!!) Good luck.

Thanks

I did try 720, no luck! Not sure about 222 or 222k, will check. Thanks for the help, never realized how out of touch I am on this stuff!!

try programming it with insignia dvd codes, except press and hold tv instead of aux. This worked on my rca for tv power, vol and mute. None of the play, ffwd, stop, etc functions work while in tv mode. I also programmed the same code into aux and can control some of the dvd functions but not all so i use the rca tv/ dvd remote when watching dvds. Im not sure it will work for Insignia. check dish home/ tech support for a recent list of codes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts