Need help with Satellite & Cable TV on One Coaxial

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nitewolfgtr

Original poster
May 9, 2009
Owasso, OK
Hi everyone. I know this is a Dish Network discussion board but wasn't sure where to post this.
I'm going to help my uncle install Korean Satellite Dish at his house but he also has Basic Cable (first 20 or so channels). He wants to run Satellite and Cable on one Coaxial cable. I wasn't sure how to do this without much signal loss.

Only TV 1 will be receiving SAT and Cable. TV 2 and TV 3 in the bedrooms will only receive Cable. I will be using the existing cables in the house. Hopefully it will be RG6.

I have a diagram that I think might work. Any advice?

gvxgp6

Get a power passing splitter thats rated for satellite and then you won't need to use any diplexers in the attic.

Yes, something like that should work,

It won't hurt any thing to have the SAT signal sent to TV2 or 3.

The only thing you cannot do is have a satellite receiver at more than one location at any time with this setup.

Yes, something like that should work,

It won't hurt any thing to have the SAT signal sent to TV2 or 3.

The only thing you cannot do is have a satellite receiver at more than one location at any time with this setup.

So even if SAT and Cable signal are both sent to TV2 or 3, I can still watch Cable TV without Diplexer at each end?

Also, will all port power pass splitter work or do I need a 1 port power pass splitter?
Will 900-2050 Mhz rated splitter work or do I need a 5-2300Mhz splitter?

What about signal loss? Should I be worried about signal loss on SAT from this setup?

Thanks

Free to air is definitely were this belongs. I ran sat and OTA on a single cable once. The OTA antennae guys had all the answers about how to filter extraneous noise and power. You want to ground at certain points along the way to prevent equipment damage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts