Need help with setup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ronk109

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 1, 2009
Southwest,Fl
Hello! Can someone give me some good information pertaining to my new Dish Network System? I have two VIP222K receivers with two remote TV's. They (Dish) have the 1000.4 pointing at 61.5,72.7 & 77. My signal I feel is very poor for my local channels 25 to 28 percent on transponder 15. 72 & 77 are in the mid 60's to low 70's. I have has two tech's out since install. All say that's it it is at peak. I found a site that gave me a foot print of 61.5 and I am in a fringe area due to the fact that I am 128 miles south of Tampa,Fl. where the fp goes lighter. The other day we had a light rain and the signal on TP 15 went into the amber bar for signal and tiled. I want to call them back and request something be done to improve the signal. I am willing for another dish on the roof for one dedicated satellite and continue to use the 1000.4 for the 72.7 & 77 satellites tweeking that bigger dish for those satellites. Any impute please before I call them back? Thank you, Ronk O! I live in Ft.Myers, Fl. area (west coast areaof Florida)33914 zip code

Last edited:
well i would scrap that .4 to begin with. The signals it pulls are the lowest compaired to the 1000.2 or the 500. What i would do if i was you is to get 2 20 inch dish's (the dish 500) they are cheap you could get two full kits here under 100 dollars. Anyways the first one use for aiming at the 119 and 110 using a dish pro plus twin on it. And then the second 500 dish with just a dish pro duel lnbf on it aiming for the 61.5 and just run a cable from the second dish into the lnb on the first dish to combine the sats together. There is nothing else i would evan think about doing exept maybe 3 500 dishes one for each sat. Hope this helps good luck and dont take no for an answer when talking to dish on the phone. Worst case tell them youll pay for the service install but you want the dishes for free to replace your .4 or pay for the dishes and have them waive the cost of the service install. If you dont like the answer your getting hang up on them call back and talk to someone new. often others will do what the other one wasnt willing to do. But if your willing to spend a little money like i said before im sure they would work with you to make you happy. Last thing they want is to lose you as a cust that is if you have always paid your bill on time good luck!

Great. I did call again and after the third tech came out and talking to Tech advance, it was determind that I was in a weak foot print location. We replaced the .04 with a .2 and used the 119,110,120 satellites. That doubled the signal readings.
Why they are pushing the 61.5 in my area ls a mystery to me. I was told that the signal I was getting was the best (25 to 30) on sat 61.5 tp 15.)
Thanks for the input/advice.
Ron109

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)