Need Help with SL3 HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hoosierhog88

Original poster
Jan 7, 2010
Lexington, KY
Hello folks,

I just replaced my defective SL5 SWiM dish with a new SL3 KA/KU Dish. The eBay items states this dish can pick up the new KA sats at 99w and 103w, however I don't see 99w and 103w. I do get high 90's on the 101, 99c is 14 transponders at greater than 90, 99s is > 90, 103s is marginal with t's 1-6 at '0', t's 20 to 24 at 0/0/82/86/95/95/30/45; 103ca t's at >95 and 103cb >95.

I'm not getting any HD channels whatsoever.

I'm perplexed. Should I be seeing the 99w and 103w somewhere?

Receiver is H23/600, software 0x43de updated 6/21.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ray

Hello folks,

I just replaced my defective SL5 SWiM dish with a new SL3 KA/KU Dish. The eBay items states this dish can pick up the new KA sats at 99w and 103w, however I don't see 99w and 103w. I do get high 90's on the 101, 99c is 14 transponders at greater than 90, 99s is > 90, 103s is marginal with t's 1-6 at '0', t's 20 to 24 at 0/0/82/86/95/95/30/45; 103ca t's at >95 and 103cb >95.

I'm not getting any HD channels whatsoever.

I'm perplexed. Should I be seeing the 99w and 103w somewhere?

Receiver is H23/600, software 0x43de updated 6/21.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ray

You are getting the Sats fine .... The the W stands for the position, not a different Sat.
Your using a H23 and have signal strength you mentioned, you should be good.
The 99s and 103 s are Spot Beams , you won't have signal on a lot of them.

You do not need BBC's on the H23 ...

Have you called D* to turn on your HD channels ?
Do you have programming on SD channels ?

I have other receivers that get HD channels just fine, but are on my other 5 lnb dish at my primary home.

I'm wondering if I should have just replaced the lakehouse (defective) 5 LNB dish with another 5 LNB dish instead of going to this one.

Yes, I get sd programming just fine.

I have other receivers that get HD channels just fine, but are on my other 5 lnb dish at my primary home.

I'm wondering if I should have just replaced the lakehouse (defective) 5 LNB dish with another 5 LNB dish instead of going to this one.

Yes, I get sd programming just fine.

So your SS is not the issue at the lake house seeing you have programming and the numbers look good.

You are going to an HD channel, Right ? Don't have them blocked in the guide ?

This recvr that you brought to the lake, was it set up for HD when at the main home ?
Might you have to call and verify the HD portion on that particular recvr , unless you answer Yes to the first part.

Regarding this... what sats are needed to pick up HD programming? Is it possible that my lake house is too far from the Lexington area to pick up HD programming using this new dish? I'm not worried about the locals, I just want to be able to pick up all of the HD programs that I have at home when I'm at the lake, which is about 160 miles away. It worked fine with the SL5 swim dish, but could it be that the SL3 can't do this?

I'll be going to the lake house in the next few days... I could just take another box from home and see what happens.

Regarding this... what sats are needed to pick up HD programming? Is it possible that my lake house is too far from the Lexington area to pick up HD programming using this new dish? I'm not worried about the locals, I just want to be able to pick up all of the HD programs that I have at home when I'm at the lake, which is about 160 miles away. It worked fine with the SL5 swim dish, but could it be that the SL3 can't do this?

I'll be going to the lake house in the next few days... I could just take another box from home and see what happens.

The HD channels for the most part are all on the 99 and 103 sats so the SL3 should see them fine.

Make sure you repeat satellite setup, you are going from SWM to non-swm if I read right. YOu need satellites 101, 99c, 103ca, 103cb. Don't worry about anything ending in S.

Make sure you repeat satellite setup, you are going from SWM to non-swm if I read right. YOu need satellites 101, 99c, 103ca, 103cb. Don't worry about anything ending in S.

Thanks... Yes, I changed the dish type to SL3 w/multiswitch. All of the sats you mention seem to be getting decent signals.

I've refreshed the box remotely and had the neighbor go check... no joy. Also had him completely reset the box and still no good.

I'm thinking there is something specific to this box that isn't set up right, but I'll probably have to wait 'till I go back up there to check it out. I may take one of my known good receivers to the lake and see what happens. That should help to narrow down the problem.

Thanks... Yes, I changed the dish type to SL3 w/multiswitch. All of the sats you mention seem to be getting decent signals.

I've refreshed the box remotely and had the neighbor go check... no joy. Also had him completely reset the box and still no good.

I'm thinking there is something specific to this box that isn't set up right, but I'll probably have to wait 'till I go back up there to check it out. I may take one of my known good receivers to the lake and see what happens. That should help to narrow down the problem.

That would be a good idea :)

keep us updated and how soon till you'll be going ?

Well, I got it figured out. My son had been messing with the settings and had blocked the HD channels from appearing on the list. I had no idea he had been messing with it, so it made this "fix" a bit more interesting.

I simply changed the set up on the display HD channels to "yes" and ta-da!

Things like this drive me nuts, but at least it's working and I can get back to normal life, if such a thing exists around here.

Thanks all for your help.

Ray

Well, I got it figured out. My son had been messing with the settings and had blocked the HD channels from appearing on the list. I had no idea he had been messing with it, so it made this "fix" a bit more interesting.

Things like this drive me nuts, but at least it's working and I can get back to normal life, if such a thing exists around here.

Ray

Take the remotes with you next time you leave the room ! :D

Ray

Sometimes the answer is the simple!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts