Need help

Burn49

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2012
Louisiana
I'm in then New Orleans area and since returning to my house after the hurricane, my hopper will not make contact with the satellites. The hopper is stuck on step 1 of 5 on the attention screen 015. I'm thinking something is wrong with the dish itself but there appears to be no noticeable damage. Can anyone give me some help with this? I just got my power back and would love to watch some college football this weekend!

Chances are the dish needs to be repointed, it is posable the strong winds moved the dish enough to lose signal from the satellite.

Ditto. My Dad's dish was locked down tight and After Hurricane Ike back in 08 ,I had to go back and repoint it. Same for my mother-in-laws dish . I took my sat dishes down and stored them inside the house so they wouldn't get damaged . I re-installed them and was watching tv within 30 minutes of getting back my electricity. I learned to do this after Hurricane Rita in 05. My sat dish was crushed into a C shape by the winds and was a total loss. So now any time we have to evacuate I take the dishes down to keep from having to replace them.

Thanks everyone, I was able to repoint must dish well enough to get things working again. I have a service appointment scheduled for tomorrow morning for a professional repoint. Thanks again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts