Need Help

gussdog

Original poster
Sep 9, 2006
Hello, new to this forum, I have a question about my new install of my Sirius radio install in a Toyota 4 Runner this is a factory type install . what I get after activation is, the radio plays on the satellite then I will get a no signal then it will play this is off and on. I mount the antenna on the inside of the windshield, could this be the problem,
Thanks
4RunnerSiriusInstall041.jpg

It looks upside down to me. The magnetic and/or sticky side should be down and the logo UP. I always recommend mounting the antenna outside the cabin for best results. See pg5 of the antenna install.

Attachments

• SR-ANTRMSIR.pdf
    723.2 KB · Views: 842
Last edited:
The antenna is upside down. That probably is your biggest problem. The micro dot goes towards the sky and the satellites, not as pictured. That mount is for the SIGMA (Sirius Interior Glass Mounted Antenna). The Toyota installer does not know the difference between the two types of antennas. Take it back and make them install the antenna correctly.

BTW, welcome to SatelliteGuys.us and the Satellite Radio Forum. Let us know how the Toyota dealer treats you.

Last edited:
sfollenius said:
He can't be for real

He is not the first to have an upside down antenna. I have seen the SIGMA mounted by Toyota upside down on the trunk lid of a Camry. Not every dealer that should, reads the installation manuals from HQ.

Antenna Mount

4RunnerSiriusInstallAntennareloc-2.jpg

In all fairness to the Toyota Dealer Ship in my area, they did not install the radio or antenna, I purchased the kit from them but the antenna shown below was what came with the kit which says to mount on the inside of the windshied next to the rearview mirror, but the wife said no way . So I purchasced the smaller antenna and just figured that it would mount in the same position, but it didnt work , so I relocated it as shown it the above picture still inside the cabin but on the passenger side near the bottom of the winshield and dash, it now works ok.
Thanks for your replys.

EJClockForrEbay010.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)