Need info about Comcast

Walker1

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 17, 2005
HI, I currently have Dish for basic programming. I also have high speed internet with Comcast as of this week. I am paying $42.95/mo. for HSI, but C-cast is raising the rate to $57.95 on April 1st.

If I subscribe to basic cable the rate goes back to $42.95. I really don't watch more than about 7 or 8 cable channels. Is there anyone that is in this situation? If so, perhaps you can shed some light on what I can do to spend the least amount of money.

I only have the top 60 channels on Dish + local channels + 1 DVR. I/m paying Dish about $40/mo. and Comcast $42.95/mo. I really don't have money to waste on stuff I won't use. I appreciate any info you can give me. Thanks.

If you have DSL available at your location you can always call Comcast and say you're going to switch due to the rate hike, sometimes they will lower the price if you threaten to leave.

I pay $17/mo for 720K DSL. Sure most cable modems can download faster, but IMO the difference does not translate into a better Internet experience sufficient to justify the cost difference.

Id cry if i didnt have my 8mbit cable modem :),

But if you bundle your cable package with internet im sure itll be cheaper then having 2 seperate services you have now..

Id cry if i didnt have my 8mbit cable modem :),

But if you bundle your cable package with internet im sure itll be cheaper then having 2 seperate services you have now..

Same goes with DSL, I've bundeled POTS, LD and DSL and that dropped my 6M/768Kbps package to $30.40/month.

I had Comcrap HSI but got to expensive, went to DSL for a cheaper price, after a couple a days you get use to the speed change.:D

Maybe it is just the western local fox stations???.......but I don't think so. They have been running TCM in place of it here. Fox new and such are not affected.

HI, I currently have Dish for basic programming. I also have high speed internet with Comcast as of this week. I am paying $42.95/mo. for HSI, but C-cast is raising the rate to $57.95 on April 1st.
Same thing happened to me when Comcast completed it's takeover of Adelphia.
My cable internet went from $42.95 to $59.95 this month.
Comcast says the extra $17 is because I don't have cable TV, but their lowest package is ironically $17, so I'm paying $59.95 either way (with cable TV I'll also have franchise fees and taxes added in).
Since Verizon DSL is only $34.99 a month for 3.0M/786k, I'm looking at switching.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)