Need Info- Too many "Washouts"

Walker1

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 17, 2005
Hi All,

I recently went on a lease with Dish. I opted for the VIP-722 Rec./DVR which requires 2 dishes outside. I had Dish for 2 yrs. with a non- HD DVR/rec. and rarely had any "Washouts" due to rain/weather.

My previous average dish signal averaged over 90. My new dish(s) signal is a dismal 75 or so. I have had 1 tech out here and he didn't go outside and manually check the site. I was not at home when he was there and he told my wife "all was well." Well, all is NOT well!

I have had my signal lost on at least 7 occasions since 7 weeks ago when I started my lease. In addition, it takes a long time for the rec. to go through its sequence when resetting after an outage.

One of the times the dish went out on only 1 TV & the other was fine. I was told by a rep that this is common???

Can someone guide me to the right person to get this straightened out? I do not want to pay for service calls because of poor reception & it's unacceptable customer service.

ALL feedback is welcome! Thanks all, Walker:confused:

Hi All,

I recently went on a lease with Dish. I opted for the VIP-722 Rec./DVR which requires 2 dishes outside. I had Dish for 2 yrs. with a non- HD DVR/rec. and rarely had any "Washouts" due to rain/weather.

My previous average dish signal averaged over 90. My new dish(s) signal is a dismal 75 or so. I have had 1 tech out here and he didn't go outside and manually check the site. I was not at home when he was there and he told my wife "all was well." Well, all is NOT well!

I have had my signal lost on at least 7 occasions since 7 weeks ago when I started my lease. In addition, it takes a long time for the rec. to go through its sequence when resetting after an outage.

One of the times the dish went out on only 1 TV & the other was fine. I was told by a rep that this is common???

Can someone guide me to the right person to get this straightened out? I do not want to pay for service calls because of poor reception & it's unacceptable customer service.

ALL feedback is welcome! Thanks all, Walker:confused:

Send email to tech@echostar.com and repeat what you described.

Thanks, I did that and also sent an e mail to the Dish CEO address. BTW, is anyone having this type of problem with a VIP-722 unit? Thanks.

I had a similar problem (although it was much worse) after I upgraded. Bottom line, it was the way my system was installed. I had lock-ups and error messages continuously. It wasn't the equipment, it was the incompetent installer. After hours of phone time and days of maddening frustration, I FINALLY got someone that knew what they were doing. I have both a 622 and a 722. They've been performing flawlessly since the installation errors were corrected. Good luck!

Ed

You are likely watching something from the 129 satellite on the 722, most of your HD channels are coming from there. 129 is a piece of crap that needs to be replaced, if your dish isn't aligned perfectly it would be likely to experience fade on 129. The other TV was probably on a channel NOT from 129, thus no dropout.

You are likely watching something from the 129 satellite on the 722, most of your HD channels are coming from there. 129 is a piece of crap that needs to be replaced, if your dish isn't aligned perfectly it would be likely to experience fade on 129. The other TV was probably on a channel NOT from 129, thus no dropout.

Hi, Yesterday Dish sent a level 3 tech to fix my problem. Unfortunately, the girl in CEO did NOT return my phone calls or e mails! Doesn't say much for Mgt. @ Dish. I am going to write and file a complaint about her. She was supposed to set up everything for the house call, but she did NOTHING.

I got a call @ 8 AM about a tech arriving in 30 minutes. I asked if the tech was a Dish level 3 tech and they said it was a sub contractor. I told the lady about my conversation with the girl in CEO & she said she had to call someone in GA. About 1 hr. later I got a call from a nice lady in GA. I explained to her about my situation & the ph. call I had with CEO. She knew exactly how to handle the situation & said a level 3 tech would be dispatched in the PM.

A guy showed up with a Dish truck @ 2 PM. He told me he was sent by a manager and he troubleshoots the tough situations.

He proceeded to go out to the dishes and physically check the alighnment & low and behold he finds that the non HD dish is almost 1/4 of an inch off of where it should be pointing. He also said his meter had a 75 signal before he moved the dish. Afterwards, his signal was over 95.

As everything was checked the only thing that could now cause a washout would be rain or the VIP-722.

I personally think it was the misalighned dish. I had Dish for 2 yrs. before & could count on 1 hand the times I lost my signal.

As to the talk about changing the signal on the line graph it doesn't matter because if you have 75 you are fine. I'm no expert, but I do know how to read a re-calibrated graph.

Have a good weekend everyone. Walker:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)