Need more help

wayne231

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Memphis, TN
Raised the elevation 4 degrees as instruected and get a great signal on 119 but cannot pick up any signal on 110. skew is 123. Am I maybe to high of an elevation to catch the 110 signal with 123 skew?
thanks.

I've tried everything. Check switch says good connection but no signal. Could it be a LOS issue as there is a tree about 159 feet away according to point dish. In that case I may be able to pole mount at a later date.
Thanks

Just changed to port 3 on the dpp44 switch and now I'm getting 119 strong and 129 too weak to pick up. Does this mean I need to point more east?

What did you put on port 3? Are you getting 110? If your getting 119 on port 1, that is where it should be, and a decent signal on 110, then try going a little east, if no help there, try elevation changes while looking at 129 on signsl strength meter.
Dan

What did you put on port 3? Are you getting 110? If your getting 119 on port 1, that is where it should be, and a decent signal on 110, then try going a little east, if no help there, try elevation changes while looking at 129 on signsl strength meter.
Dan
have you read any of the posts, I'm not getting 110 at all. I'm getting 119 with a strength of 62. After several attempts moving the dish, I moved the 110 lnb connection to port 3 thinking maybe a bad port 1. now I get a signal strength of 10 on 129 without having moved the dish.

It sounds like you could have a switch problem. You can get an idea if you have an los problem by standing behind the dish and looking straight out at dish level, for 110 you observe the area just to the left of dish and look about 20 degrees higher then the elevation of the dish. If you see trees in that area you will know it could be a bad los.
Dan

It sounds like you could have a switch problem. You can get an idea if you have an los problem by standing behind the dish and looking straight out at dish level, for 110 you observe the area just to the left of dish and look about 20 degrees higher then the elevation of the dish. If you see trees in that area you will know it could be a bad los.
Dan

That's the kind of advise I've been looking for, thank you. If I understand you right then, 110 will be higher in the sky than 119. If that is the case then I am either just mis-aligned or there is a problem with the switch, although I am more inclined with the alignment side.
Thanks.

119 will be higher than 110...I know it sounds goofy but when you work with multiple LNB's they go opposite what they are in the sky....so in standing behind the dish the LEFT LNB (119) will be higher than the right one

see attached...here what my D500 looked like a while back....with homemade 129 setup when DIsh didnt even sell a D1000 yet ;)

Attachments

• IM000354.jpg
    IM000354.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 144
That's the kind of advise I've been looking for, thank you. If I understand you right then, 110 will be higher in the sky than 119. If that is the case then I am either just mis-aligned or there is a problem with the switch, although I am more inclined with the alignment side.
Thanks.

My advice was just to see if that tree was blocking signal from 110, you say the tree is 159 ft. from dish, then the tree would have to be well over 100ft. tall in order to block signal.
Dan

Is he sure that he is not picking up 119 on the 110 lnb and 129 on the 119 lnb?

That's what I'm afraid I'm doing. The dishpointer site just doesn''t match the real world this time. If this is what is happening does that mean 110 and 119 are going to be available over the trees?
Thanks

Try rotating the dish about 10.5 degrees east and raising the elevation about 6 degrees.

The center lnb should be pointed at 224 degrees true (true and magnetic are only 0.4 degrees different in Memphis).

119 will be higher than 110...I know it sounds goofy but when you work with multiple LNB's they go opposite what they are in the sky....so in standing behind the dish the LEFT LNB (119) will be higher than the right one

see attached...here what my D500 looked like a while back....with homemade 129 setup when DIsh didnt even sell a D1000 yet ;)
That's pretty slick

That's what I'm afraid I'm doing. The dishpointer site just doesn''t match the real world this time. If this is what is happening does that mean 110 and 119 are going to be available over the trees?
Thanks

thats what it sounds to me as well. Are you saying the trees are all the same height and pretty much cover the entire line of site? If that is what you are saying, then yeah, if you are getting the 119 and 129, you should most likely be fine on the 110.

And if you are picking up the 119 and 129, drop your elevation a bit. Also, if you want to know for sure, bypass your switch all together, hook up the lnb directly, run a check switch, and see what it says.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)