Need New Orleans locals

tcass

Original poster
Jul 10, 2004
I have a Dish 1000 and a Dish 500. The Dish 500 is used for VOOM. The Dish 1000 is used for regular satellite programming. I am going to "move" to get New Orleans locals, but need to know if I have the right dish I need to pick them up. If I don't, will the New Orleans channels be moved anytime soon so the Dish 1000 can receive them?

If I can't get the New Orleans local with my set up, can I "move" to Jackson, Miss., and pick up those locals?

By the way, I live just north of the Mississippi Gulf Coast but out of range of the counties in which I could legally receive New Orleans locals. I believe, however, the spot signal would cover me for New Orleans and Jackson.

Please help if possible.
Thanks.

T,

I live in rural Covington (north of town), and just upgraded to a 942 receiver, with hdpak, voom, & locals.

I tried desperately to get a Dish 1000, but they said I didn't need one for my programming (& none of the installers they use in this area have them yet).

They ended up turning my Dish 500 roughly ESE (east-southeast) to get voom off of 61.5, and installed a superdish to get 110, 119, & 121. The New Orleans locals come off of 121, I believe (don't hold me to it, but it's one of the birds the superdish is picking up).

I would think that if you have a 1000 that it will pick up those 3 sats, but I'm really not that knowledgable about it. There are posts on this site that indicate that VOOM is in the process of moving to 129, which hopefully could be picked up with a 1000, and then there won't be a need for 2 dishes.

I have found that emailing the echostar corporate office & opening a dialog with them gets you a much more knowledgable & willing to help person than dealing with customer service.

You might give that a try.

dont send an e-mail to the exec office with "moving" since technically thats illegal

New Orleans locals are on 121 and you need either a Superdish or a 30" stand alone dish & a different LNB. 121 (and 105) are lower powered satellites so they need a larger dish.

since Voom is on both 61.5 & 129, why dont you just use the Dish1000 and aim at 129 to get Voom?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)