Need new Remote Control for VIP722

TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL, Earth
I come to discover that the fine remote control supplied with my new VIP722 will not properly work with my DVD player nor will work with my HDTV LCD monitor. None of the codes work and I even went through the lengthy process of scanning.
What I am looking for is a low cost remote to handle "Learning" IR commands for the DVD Player and the monitor with punch through for the monitor on off and volume.
The buttons should feature DVR control like the One that came with the 722.
This is a simple setup for the Kitchen so having 3 remote controls seems silly. Plus, overkill with one of the expensive Home theater remotes would be silly as well as uneconomical.

As suggestions?

Note- I'm looking at the Rat Shack 8n1 remote as it has the DVR buttons. Opinions?

Last edited:
Is this a tv1 or tv2 remote your'e replacing, if its a tv2, you won't be able tio use just any universal, as the tv2 remote is UHF pro and not IR

Stay tuned for a new remote announced by Dish a few months ago. If it doesn't work with your stuff with out of the box codes, it is a learning remote.

The universals that you get at Radio Shack or other retailers don't support a lot of advanced features your Dish remote currently supports. At a bare minimum, you'd need a Logitech Harmony, which starts at $75 for the Walmart-exclusive model. The ones at Circuit City start at around $100, and a good home theater store can sell you a color touchscreen LCD Harmony at over $650.

Again, I'll hang on a little bit longer for the Dish solution...

Harmony remotes put all other remotes to shame. Do yourself a favor and spend the money to get a harmony. I have the 659 that runs for about $139 and works great with my vip722.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts