Pompano beach, Fl
Putting another hd dvr in my man cave.
Don't really need two tuners.
I have 922 , 722 and 612

I'm torn between the 722 and 612.
Besides the two tuners any advantage to
722 over 612?

Last edited by a moderator:
Or you can go cheap ... 211k, add a hard drive.

One of the things you should think about is compatibility. If you ever have the need to move a show from one DVR to another .. say you had timers on all three .. and you couldn't or didn't re-arrange them so that you could have the big game recorded in the man cave.. then how would you get it there? Though of course if you had it on the 922 or 722 you should be able to sling it to the mancave.. but moving an EHD would be easier (and higher quality, and not involve a separate computer attached in the mancave to sling to, etc) Note too that the 211k doesn't support drive movement from 922/722 to the 211k, also note that the 211k carries a 40 dollar EHD/DVR activation pricetag, but doesn't *currently* carry a per month DVR fee. Additionally, you can purchase the 211k yourself locally at a radioshack, or online at numerous sites (support SatGuy's advertisers if you can) and not involve dish in any site visit if not needed, etc..

The real deal changer would be to know that the 813's are coming out soon .. cause if they were, I would hold off or get a garentee from Dish that they wouldn't double charge for upgrading your service... you're a prime candidate for the 813/810 combos.. 2 813's and 3 or 4 810's..

Its a matter of performance or value imo.If you want the best go 722 but that runs bill up $17 more per month.If its value you want then go with 211 and add an ehd.$7 per month one time $40 activation fee.The 612 has dual tuner for one tv more buggy than 722 and no swap or pip.$10 more per month.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)