Need opinions on possible install problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mlyles

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 9, 2006
SC
I just switched from D* to E*. Local retailer came and installed Dish 500, a 625 and a 322 last Thursday. I wanted to use the 625 on one TV to replace my D*Tivo. He did that. And for the other TV I asked for a 311, but the guy brought a 322 because he didn't have any 311s. So he hooked the 322 up to one TV.

The picture is fine, but the audio on both receivers is out of sync. I have already done the reset on both and it didn't fix the problem. So I'm assuming there is a problem with the wiring.

Install info: The guy used the same cable that was there from my D* connection. But he told me he had to replace the switch. He also mounted the dish about 6 feet from where my D* dish was because of a tree. One thing that puzzles me is I thought he would just unhook the two input cables from my D*Tivo and plug them right into the 625. But he only used one of the cables and ran it into a splitter (separator) and then into the 2 inputs on the 625. The other cable is now not connected to anything. I just had one line in the other room so I know he had to use a splitter for the 322. Also, neither of the receivers appears to have a smart card. Slot appears to be empty. Both of my D* receivers had cards.

I have the 625 routed through my Onkyo receiver but the 322 is connected straight to the TV. But the audio is out of sync on both receivers. Also, it's funny because it's worse on some channels than others. Any ideas from you guys?

As far as the wiring goes, it does sound good. I'm just basing this off of your descriptions, so keep that in mind.

The audio sync issues....ugh...I'm not sure on that. Without sounding like I'm ripping a page out of a Dish CSR playbook, have you actually tried a front-panel-reset? In a nutshell, your receivers are computers. Resetting things does tend to make a difference.

Test your signal on 119 transponder 11 - assure it is over 80, if not set up a tc or retune. I would speculate the tech moved the dish due to signal block on 119 sat from a tree. It is possible he did not move it enough.

E* uses different technology that D* in that we can send two signals through one cable, explaining the "splitter".

E* does not have external smart cards any more... they are "inside".

Signal strength on 119, transponder 11 is around 113. But I have no signal on transponders 1,3, or 9. Does this matter?

mlyles said:
Signal strength on 119, transponder 11 is around 113. But I have no signal on transponders 1,3, or 9. Does this matter?
No..THose tp's ar enot used...The signal strength has noting ot do with audio sync..I f was there I could prove it to you...
The wiring is correct...The device is a separator...There is no splitter on the 322..just another seperator

As long as your 322 is plugged into a phone line your good to go avoiding the additional $5 outlet fee. Make sure your 625 is plugged in as well.

Maybe the audio sync issue has something to do with the buffered recording on the 625? I haven't tried it on my own system to see if it does the same. I've had a customer that said something about that once when he was entertaining people during the superbowl, tv in one room tv in another one side of the house would be rooting while the other would root a delayed later.

Rich88 is right about the 311/301 all they have is the lovely 381. I think it'd be a alright reciever if it had coax output - then I could mount that in the basement with a house full of RG59. :D

Update: Tech just came out to check out the audio problem. He checked everything and said wiring, etc. was correct. He called Dish and they said it was probably because of the autumnal equinox. They said it will be over on the 19th. Call back if it doesn't clear up by then. Does this sound plausible to you guys?

mlyles said:
Update: Tech just came out to check out the audio problem. He checked everything and said wiring, etc. was correct. He called Dish and they said it was probably because of the autumnal equinox. They said it will be over on the 19th. Call back if it doesn't clear up by then. Does this sound plausible to you guys?

The equinox causing audio synch problems? Wow.. Never heard that one used before. And I have heard just about every excuse that Dish can throw out when they "troubleshoot".

mlyles said:
I just switched from D* to E*. Local retailer came and installed Dish 500, a 625 and a 322 last Thursday. I wanted to use the 625 on one TV to replace my D*Tivo. He did that. And for the other TV I asked for a 311, but the guy brought a 322 because he didn't have any 311s. So he hooked the 322 up to one TV.

The picture is fine, but the audio on both receivers is out of sync. I have already done the reset on both and it didn't fix the problem. So I'm assuming there is a problem with the wiring.

Install info: The guy used the same cable that was there from my D* connection. But he told me he had to replace the switch. He also mounted the dish about 6 feet from where my D* dish was because of a tree. One thing that puzzles me is I thought he would just unhook the two input cables from my D*Tivo and plug them right into the 625. But he only used one of the cables and ran it into a splitter (separator) and then into the 2 inputs on the 625. The other cable is now not connected to anything. I just had one line in the other room so I know he had to use a splitter for the 322. Also, neither of the receivers appears to have a smart card. Slot appears to be empty. Both of my D* receivers had cards.

I have the 625 routed through my Onkyo receiver but the 322 is connected straight to the TV. But the audio is out of sync on both receivers. Also, it's funny because it's worse on some channels than others. Any ideas from you guys?

Don't be surprised by the tech not having any 301 or 311 single tuner receivers.

Right now, Dish is basically forcing us to use the 381 single tuner receiver, which is the modified old 811 High-Definition receiver. The problem with this receiver is it doesn't have a coax output, so you can't hook-up the TV like normal with a coax cable. The TV MUST have either audio/video ports (red, white, yellow) or an S-Video port.

The install sounds correct. And sometimes we aren't able to use the DirectTV mount because we don't have the elevation needed to pick-up the 119 satellite.

As for the audio being out-of-sync, I just recommend calling Tech support and seeing if they can work it out for you. It could be a software issue, an "at the source" issue, or an receiver issue, but your wiring does sound correct.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts