Status
Please reply by conversation.

TYORK

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 6, 2004
indy
Here is what i got 1 round dish going into a 3x4 2 lines feeding the house with regualar reciever the other 2 line feed to another building where there is a indoor swimmiing pool basketball court and so on. had 2 lines feed through another 3x8 multi-switch with 5 lines feed different outlet so they could just move the tv to any outlet and it work. Now here is were i got totally confused
I installed the oval dish with build in multi-switch come down to a power 5x8 so ADT could use the antenna input for camera's How can i get the feed to the swimming pool with out having too run 2 more cables for the hd I can use the 2 lines coming over there but they want all 5 line live so they don't have to go in switch the line. IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE WITHOUT RUNNING 2 MORE LINES IN?

Tom Cahill said:
If they only use one tv for the entire building why not use a 6 port dc pass splitter with 10 MHz to 2 GHz bandwidth.

Interesting idea; question though: Would the splitter pass the 22kHz tone for 119/110? I could swear in some head ends we built, we had to add a tone generator between the 119 LNB and the splitters.

Tom Cahill said:
I didn't think about the 22khz.I don't know if it would pass or not.Guess I will have to set up a dish tomorrow and give it a try.LOL

ok guys i tried the 22 tone generator right before the 3rd multi-switch it got the 110 and 119 fine but i didn't get any 101 but i am wonder if i should have just run the 101 without the tone generator into the 3rd ms and it would have worked.

TYORK said:
ok guys i tried the 22 tone generator right before the 3rd multi-switch it got the 110 and 119 fine but i didn't get any 101 but i am wonder if i should have just run the 101 without the tone generator into the 3rd ms and it would have worked.

If nothing else, you can move the generator to the receiver and show the home owner how to use it. Off for 101 programming, on for 119/110 programming.

CablerMN said:
If nothing else, you can move the generator to the receiver and show the home owner how to use it. Off for 101 programming, on for 119/110 programming.

See the 119/110 work through the mutli-switch but the 101 wouldn't but i also had put a tone generator on the 101 side to am wondering if that is why the 101 would no work.

You put the generator on the 101 side ... huh?

There should be four lines from the PhaseIII dish to the 5x8. I am not sure how you are breaking out a single 101 line in that configuration.

There should be two lines running from the 5x8 to the 3x8.

Move the generator to where the line from the second multi-switch connects to the swimming pool receiver. Toggle the switch on for 110/119 and off for 101. That should work. MAy have to rig one myself to be sure, but since you are already into it .... make sure to report back.

CablerMN said:
You put the generator on the 101 side ... huh?

There should be four lines from the PhaseIII dish to the 5x8. I am not sure how you are breaking out a single 101 line in that configuration.

There should be two lines running from the 5x8 to the 3x8.

Move the generator to where the line from the second multi-switch connects to the swimming pool receiver. Toggle the switch on for 110/119 and off for 101. That should work. MAy have to rig one myself to be sure, but since you are already into it .... make sure to report back.

This will be a problem for them cause they didn't even want to inconvenience
by going in and changing the output to make another outlet live than the 2 i hook up. I think if i would just not have put the tone gen. on the 101 side but i will see i have to go back

TYORK said:
This will be a problem for them cause they didn't even want to inconvenience

No inconvenience = open wallet and pay installer

Maybe you should just install another PhaseIII dish at the pool house. Connect that to a 5x8 multiswitch which allow you to feed the other outlets and insert the camera from one of the existing runs from the first or original dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)