Need receiver information for a friend

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
I have a friend that has a HR24-100 receiver with Direct and I was hoping you guys could answer some questions he's been asking me. Does that receiver offer Bluetooth capabilities for using Bluetooth headphones? He's also thinking about upgrading to a Genie. Does it have that ability? And lastly, if he upgrades he needs a way to move the shows on his DVR to the Genie. Can a EHD be used to transfer shows?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

None of the Directv receivers/dvrs has bluetooth capabilities built in. You can't move recordings by using an external hard drive. The only way is to record them in real time to a vcr or computer.

The HR24 does not have bluetooth capabilities. If he gets a Genie he can still keep his HR24 & have them connected together under MRV which would allow him to share his already recorded shows on his HR24 with his Genie,otherwise he'll just have to set up recording for his shows manually on the Genie & lose the shows he has already recorded on his HR24 if he trades it in for the Genie,you cannot use an EHD to transfer shows to the Genie.

The HR24 does not have bluetooth capabilities. If he gets a Genie he can still keep his HR24 & have them connected together under MRV which would allow him to share his already recorded shows on his HR24 with his Genie,otherwise he'll just have to set up recording for his shows manually on the Genie & lose the shows he has already recorded on his HR24 if he trades it in for the Genie,you cannot use an EHD to transfer shows to the Genie.

So by saying "having them connected together under MRV", you mean put the HR24 in one room and the genie in another and they can see each other's recordings? So I assume none of Directs receivers offer Bluetooth or EHD capabilities? Thanks for the help.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

They all have ehd capability, none has bluetooth.

They all have ehd capability, none has bluetooth.

Also its all DVRs that have ehd capability, but another point to make is that the ehd is paired to the physical receiver, so it will not work moving it back and fourth between the two. On top of that, once you conned an esata hdd to any dtv dvr, the internal hdd shuts down and the ehd takes over, you do not get both, and the content on the internal hdd is not xfered to the ehd either.

All of this being said, basically none of what you want to do is possible. A third point to make, by installing the genie and also keeping the existing hddvr in order for the two to communicate with eachother via mrv, you will need to pay a 6/month additional tv fee to directv in order to keep both receivers active. You should also have two tvs for this, but by using separate inputs and RF remotes, you can stack a combo and genie on one tv.

Also its all DVRs that have ehd capability, but another point to make is that the ehd is paired to the physical receiver, so it will not work moving it back and fourth between the two. On top of that, once you conned an esata hdd to any dtv dvr, the internal hdd shuts down and the ehd takes over, you do not get both, and the content on the internal hdd is not xfered to the ehd either.

All of this being said, basically none of what you want to do is possible. A third point to make, by installing the genie and also keeping the existing hddvr in order for the two to communicate with eachother via mrv, you will need to pay a 6/month additional tv fee to directv in order to keep both receivers active. You should also have two tvs for this, but by using separate inputs and RF remotes, you can stack a combo and genie on one tv.

Is the MRV charge already accounted for ?

Accounted for in what? I'm only seeing the $6 for the extra receiver

If he adds a Genie, he has to take the MRV, right ?
Or most do.... is this by default, do they add it automatically or is there a choice ?

Thats another $3 or so added to the bill.

Sorry, posted before I read the rest of the thread.

The mrv charge is required with the Genie, but it's not per receiver/dvr, it's for the entire account.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)